• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SrFarm
    Private

• Jan 2008

Wow My Head Hurts

Mike here

I'm a bit confused with, no let's get real I'm a lot confused with title tags,
    meta tags, keywords, etc... basically everything I need to do to prep my site for search engines. My initial question is this: my url is srhorsefarm.net but my business name is (StoneyRidge Horse Farm) which I have at the top of all my pages. Should I incorperate in all of my page names? Also I noticed in some threads there is codes going on like weird things example: < h1>= <h2> with a lot of mind bending, eye straining headache producing things in between. I can't find any
    tutorials on this. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
    One last question : Does vodahits do all of this for me, or does it at least
    make it much easier for me to optomize? Please advise me

Thanks Mike
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Wow My Head Hurts

Hi...

You'll want to have your website url on your page .. and perhaps maybe even top and bottom.

Think of your webpage as a newspaper - what are the headlines? Usually one at least and more than likely two to three headlines on a page. That's where the <h1> </h1> and <h2> </h2> tags come in - the simplest way to apply these to your page is by right clicking the headline text and choosing html - add <h1> in the before tag and add </h1> in the after tag (the only difference being the inclusion of the / in the after tag. Applying these tags help the search engines discover what is important on your webpage, so they can list you when someone searches for what it is you might have to offer. So do your sales pitches, LOL

TITLE TAGS - (different from what you name, save and publish your page as) The title tags are where you have applied things like Services - About Us - Photos - you can elaborate on those - you might also use your business name here as well on some pages. You can read all of Beth's seo tips in the guide below.

Here's a nice little seo guide for you ..

VodaHits will submit your website for you, as well you might want to go to google webmaster tools, open an account and you will find useful tools there at your disposal.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SrFarm
      Private

• Jan 2008

Mike here ...
      Thanks much! Just wish I had someone that lived close to me that I could
      hire to sit down with me for an hour or so. I know that I would comprehend so much more. Building websites to many is like working with horses to me, once you know all the parts and understand the mechanics of how it works you can get the results you want easier with much less frustration.
      Sincerely, Mike

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Mike,
        I wrote that little guide - if you have questions or want some help - let me know and I'll do what I can for you.

As for your name, because the url is slightly different from your name, I suggest you make a header design that incorporates both. Easy to do - and will make sure that it's right there to be seen.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X