redirects from old site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirects from old site

Several days ago I place a redirect (404) within my new BV directory in control panel... utilizing Ramsey's instructions.. thank you... ANd it seems to work well.... in redircting some pages of old site (which has had it's servors shut down) but not all....

for example.. below is a link to msn search engine.. my website is name is treetables.com , the search (keyword term) in this case was stump table .. if you click on the links .. they do NOT go to the new site...
    what can i do about this?? to fix it??

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

I am the number one and number 2 spots on the above msn search page... going to former pages of

treeetables.com/generic1106.html and

treetables.com/generic1119.html

For me ,, they do not redirect...

ok thanks...
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Re: redirects from old site

I don't think you have set it up as I explained, as typing ANYTHING after your domain name should take you to your custom 404 page and it doesn't.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
      I don't think you have set it up as I explained, as typing ANYTHING after your domain name should take you to your custom 404 page and it doesn't.
      ok - not sure i understand you when you say "typing"... as the search engine user simply clicks the link on the searched page...

I will go over the instructions ... very carefully again and check for errors...

it seems to work well.. when the destination page (as searched and found on search engines.. is " treetables.com" but not work on pages found in search engines that have destination pages treetables plu any extensions

i am working on it...
      Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
      www.treetables.com

Comment

Marincky
        Karen told me they (the redirects ) ARE working.. that my cache is fooling me... duh :))
        Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
        www.treetables.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikejust View Post
          Marincky
          Karen told me they (the redirects ) ARE working.. that my cache is fooling me... duh :))
          They appear to be now yes.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
          X