• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adavant
    Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

flash

I am super new to this, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.. I have done searches in FAQ and nothing comes up.. Are we meant to just look thru umpteen million pages? My site is going online with VodaHost after the 18th.. ggrrrr paypal and e-checks.

Anyway, my questions are these. In what instance, would I use layers..I see how to add them, but I am at a complete loss as to what it is for.

Regarding flash, can someone give me an example of flash? Is that moving text that we see on a site? If so, how do you make it.
    If I am in the wrong place, kindly direct me to the proper place..

Lost and Sleepless in Salobreņa
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: flash

Originally posted by Adavant View Post
    I am super new to this, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.. 1. I have done searches in FAQ and nothing comes up.. Are we meant to just look thru umpteen million pages? 1a. My site is going online with VodaHost after the 18th.. ggrrrr paypal and e-checks.
    Anyway, my questions are these. 2. In what instance, would I use layers..I see how to add them, but I am at a complete loss as to what it is for.
    3. Regarding flash, can someone give me an example of flash? 4. Is that moving text that we see on a site? If so, 5. how do you make it.
    If I am in the wrong place, kindly direct me to the proper place.. Lost and Sleepless in Salobreņa
    1. Doing a "Search" for information or a solution that has been posted/discussed in the VodaTalk Support Forums means not "searching" in FAQ, but in the Forums themselves! See the white "Search" in the blue margin at the top of every forum page? THAT is the utility you use to find answers ... the FAQ only define how the forum itself works and the Rules we live by ....
    1a. If your site is going up on the 18th, might I ask how you do not know how it is made, or what foundation is being used? Seems odd, but might you be confusing your "account being established" with "your site going up"??

2. I use an outside photo editor, but this has some uses.

3. For an example of a VodaHost-ed website created using Flash, you can look at my Incentive site and my Advertising site ... both are active, thriving businesses that are happily hosted with VodaHost!

4. Probably not! What you are probably seeing many of your Blue Voda peers using is called a "Marquee" .... which is a tool pre-installed in Blue Voda that allows you wonderful variations in scrolling text and content across a defined area of your web page. Other scripts and scrollers will also do this, but it is far more popular (and easier) to use the tools already included in Blue Voda itself.

5. Flash is a very specialized coding that relies on images and dynamic action scripting (remember how the pages moved and turned in my sites?), and can only be created using Flash software title from Adobe/Macromedia, or mimiced somewhat successfully by a "free" version editor available on the web. Learning to accomplish anything using Flash worth publishing is not an easy undertaking, and despite the so-called detriments to optimization, it is still popular in quite a few corporate, media, or single use websites.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Adavant
      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

Vasili..thank you for your answers, but I am a bit confused by your questions of me. Statement 1a..
      Who said I didn't know how they were made?? I have built my site. I am just awaiting my payment to clear.
      As for layers, in BlueVoda, on the side Menu there is an icon that reads insert layer. My question is what are they, and when would someone use them.
      ps, is a generalissimo like a dictator?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Vasili..thank you for your answers, but I am a bit confused by your questions of me. Statement 1a..
        Who said I didn't know how they were made?? I have built my site. I am just awaiting my payment to clear.
        As for layers, in BlueVoda, on the side Menu there is an icon that reads insert layer. My question is what are they, and when would someone use them.
        ps, is a generalissimo like a dictator?
        Re-read your post....with the literally thousands of posts from across the globe (who have difficulty entering the whole tech/web-building scene as it is), there is a persistent confusion of terms and conceptual fundamentals (VodaHost vs. Blue Voda; hosting account vs. "domain account" etc.), and that is why I posed the question for a better understanding of your 'status': whether your inquiry was truly exploratory, or a point of clarification...... you could have stated "now that I have my website finished am awaiting my account setup to publish...."
        See: How To Ask For Assistance

The layering tool is commonly used to create opaque shapes and for photo renderings. Experiment, and see what all you can do!

Dictator? No...far from it. Impatient? Sometimes admittedly so ..... but if you hang around long enough I venture to say you will find few that contribute freely to peers as consistently and as insightfully. Depends on which side of the fence you're sitting, I guess.

Comment

• Adavant
          Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

Hey Vasili

Thanks for your explanation of layering.. and I think you are right about terminology.. most of us are building websites for the first time, and are not technically savvy. I certainly am not. I always read your posts in any of the forums I go into, mainly, because you know what you are talking about.. I just wish I did.. lol.. I will get there though..
          With regards to the fence, rest assured I will be sitting firmly in the middle, right on top of it.

Cheers and thanks again for your help!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Hey Vasili
            Cheers and thanks again for your help!

....and on we go!

Comment