• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairs.pam
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Getting Listed by Search Engines

just making sure i done the correct things to list my site on google yahoo etc. i went into tools and created a site map is this all i need to do and roughly how long does it take to come up when someone does a google search, at the min you can only access my site if you enter the whole address.

Thanks in advance for the respnose
    Pam
    Were not there yet but were getting there!!!
    Mobile hairdresser Mullingar Westmeath

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Getting listed in SEARCH ENGINES

Search Engines each have their own schedule, and getting "seen" depends on so much more than simply "submitting" your site: you must have all the elements in place in the prescribed manner, including a site map, optimized content, defined link and navigational strategies, complete and accurate META, true site/page/content relevancy, compliance with Perfect Page build standards, ethical technologies, etc.

These are the elements of "value" that are computed by the Search Engines as they determine a "rank" for your website in comparison to the others within the group determined by the common elements between sites.

Getting "listed" within an individual Search system may take anywhere from 24 to 96 hours, so the operative word here is "patience." You can test this by fully entering your domain URL in each of the engines to see if you have been listed (yoursite.com).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• hairs.pam
      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

How do i go about making sure i have all those boxes ticked. Im new to all this.
      Thanks
      Were not there yet but were getting there!!!
      Mobile hairdresser Mullingar Westmeath

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Study the threads in the Google / Yahoo & O*****re / Search Engine Topics and VodaHits forums for starters, and then if you come across a term or concept that piques your interest particularly, use the forum's Search tool to find more posts that may add to the understanding you are building.

It takes some time to go through it all, and once it gels, will seem so simple to implement (the logic is so clear that it only seems to add to the tedium of crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's").
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X