• Show
Clear All
  • Retrofrog
    Corporal

• Dec 2008

No match found

Hi There

I collect retro ceramics and set a simple website to display my
    collection by maker and I have a problem I cannot understand....

if you visit my webiste and click on either BAY, SCHEURICH, CARSTENS TONNIESHOF, STREHLA or HALDENLEBEN, you will notice that I have several pages of pictures against each maker and I named my pages as follows to give you an example

mywebiste/ bay1.html ( which is the name of the maker...)
    / bay2.html
    / bay3.html

all other makers without any page numbers ( i.e. just one page) come up straight away in google

I realised that makers set up this way DO NOT COME UP on google so I renamed all pages as

mywebsite/ bay-page1.html
    / bay-page2.html etc....

but I am still experiencing the same problem, what I do not understand is that if I type bay1 in google, my site comes up straight away but this should not happen as I renamed all pages and uploaded them into bluevoda and if you selecy BAY from my homepage, you will read bay-page1 in the http address and not BAY1. Can you please help, hope you understand what the problem is as this is stopping traffic into my site, by the way, metatags are not working for me at all...

many thanks
    www.retrofrog-germanceramics.co.uk
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: No match found

If you select each of the individual names below and link them to each makers page, google will follow each internal link from your index page.

BAY KERAMIK, CARSTENS TONNIESHOF, DUMLER & BREIDEN, HALDENSLEBEN JASBA, ROTH, RUSCHA, STREHLA, SCHEURICH, U-KERAMIK

and why not name your pages after the maker/country................

If you change the home page title to: East and West Germany Ceramics
    that would be miles better than HOME PAGE

(just suggestions)
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Retrofrog
      Corporal

• Dec 2008

David

Thank you very much for your assistance because this is all new to me, can ou please briefly explain how to select each of the individual names below and link them to each makers page

Many Thanks

Retrofrog

Comment

• Retrofrog
        Corporal

• Dec 2008

Thanks David

can I ask you another question.. I am followed your advise as renamed the title of my home page to read east and west germany ceramics, I then published changes but google still displays HOMEPAGE, I have the same problem with my links page showing untitled page but I have named it "useful fat lava east and west germany cermanics links"

Am I supposed to do something else to publish changes into google or do I have to wait for some time before changes are made automatically.

Take Care
        Retrofrog

Comment

• davidundalicia
          General

• Mar 2006

You make your changes but they will only be picked up by the SE's when they next visit you....................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Retrofrog View Post
            Thanks David

can I ask you another question.. I am followed your advise as renamed the title of my home page to read east and west germany ceramics, I then published changes but google still displays HOMEPAGE, I have the same problem with my links page showing untitled page but I have named it "useful fat lava east and west germany cermanics links"

Am I supposed to do something else to publish changes into google or do I have to wait for some time before changes are made automatically.

Take Care
            Retrofrog
            you cant publish anything to google or make them change their cache of your page. You can NO CACHE so they dont save it in the future, however, if that result comes up in search you will lose that hit. Long as the same page is there. You can ask google to REMOVE that url.. but that will harm you later as well. Now your rank or value of the page will take some time.. it can be up to three months or more.. or you could put your LINKS in your signature so that they might find it SOONER.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X