• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattyfergus
    Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Page Rank

I was wondering how many relevent links to a website (on average) would it take to get a good page rank? lets say 6/10

Thanks
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation
  • Sunchaser
    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Re: Page Rank

Hi - it's not just in the amount - more importantly, it's in the links you have coming from authority websites (as long as they are relevant, do-follow links)

For example - your homepage might go from a 0 to a 4 with a single link from a PR6 site if it meets the criteria above.

(Of course, page rank is not the most important thing about a website, and is not an clear indicator of how well it is doing.)

Comment

• mattyfergus
      Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2008

Hi. thanks for the reply.
      So how do you determine a authority website?
      And what is the most important thing about a website & a clear indicator of how well it is doing??????
      Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

You dont determine it.. Google does and its based on SEVERAL factors. Age and longevity, how long a domain is registered for, how well your content is optimized, how relevant your content is, how relevant others find your content, how many backlinks NOT paid exist to it that google recognizes. Its based on way more than just LINKS. Its also based on HOW those links were obtained and if they were NATURAL rather than paid or over zealous link trading. I could write a book on this but i wont..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• kortia
          Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

Karen is right. Also : Page rank has nothing to do with ranking. So I would not worry about PR
          I have some pr4 pages(back pages) that do not rank at all and have some that went to pr4 as soon as Google updated the first time. Some that are in the number one spot for keywords and is a pr1 or 0.

Here is the real mess your head up question.

I have one page that is a PR4 and has 3 back links to it. None of which are a pr anything. So how is that possible?

I have some sites with 600 back links and they are pr2.

I have some that have 100 and are pr3.

My Theory, I think it has to do with how many people add you to favorites.

I took my Google tool bar off long ago as it does not effect my ranking what so ever.

I woop pr5's all the time. Focus on making your site user friendly with good original content.
          www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

• kortia
            Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by mattyfergus View Post
            Hi. thanks for the reply.
            So how do you determine a authority website?
            And what is the most important thing about a website & a clear indicator of how well it is doing??????

How much and what kind of traffic they are getting, and most importantly how many conversions they are getting.
            as far as authority, all that means is you have a site the is widely refered to by other people. Wikipedia is a perfect example.

There is no numbers that say hey you are a authority site.

Here is a good article on it
            www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
            X