• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissyman
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

search results

I have done the "sitemap thing" with Google. I managed to get it verified by naming an untitled page with the file requested, AND it worked.
    Question1: does it work instantly or does it take some time, which is days before the actual search results start to show up?
    Question2: how do I find out if any search results have been reached?
    Question3: in the metatag of the page, I have listed all the authors listed. Should that be enough?
    Question4: are there other ways of optimizing the search beside Google and has it to be done by me or is it automatically done?
    Thanks for any reply.
    My website is www.chriseshop.com account ID#33608
  • Sunchaser
    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Re: search results

Hi

This answers Questions 1,2 & 4:

The fastest way of getting your site indexed is generally to have good links going to it from other websites.

It can take weeks or even months to have a new site indexed. If your website is incomplete (has most of its pages under construction, with missing title tags) then you are fighting an uphill battle.

A good start is to have your website reviewed in the VodaHost website review section, and also to read the SEO tips that a few of the forum moderators provide (Bethers, LadyEye - just click on the links in their signatures)

You'll know when your site is indexed when you type www.chriseshop.com into Google and and your website shows up (which it isn't yet)
    Having it in your signature here in your forum posts will help. :)

Question 3:
    I'm not sure what you're asking here - you only seem to have one page about books? But the keyword metatags don't hold much weight (or probably none at all) anymore.
    Do put in your 'title tags' (Page Properties/Title) and your page description (Page Properties/Metatags/Page Description) for each and every page.

Comment

• chrissyman
      Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Re: search results

thanks for that.
      That is what I have done since the beginning, so I guess it's all a matter of time. I have also subscribed to "vodahits".
      I am building my pages one by one, and I publish them as they are finished. After all, I suppose that since I own the domain, I may aswell put the finished ones online as I go by.
      In the metatags of the books pages, I have put the list of authors and titled and explained each page properly.
      I am impatient, but I think I must give time to the time and not expect to be "the page to go to for books" overnight, right????
      First thing first and that is to build and publish properly. I am beat though.

Comment

Working...
      X