• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodaBot
    Articles & News

• Nov 2005

yahoo pagerank algorithm

I read somewhere that yahoo pagerank algorithm give importance to following points mainly:

- The title of your website must contain your major keywords. The title is the biggest ranking factor of Yahoo's raking algorithm!

- The description you give when submitting to yahoo web directory should include your major keywords, however don't try to repeat them too much. Very important step.

- Click Popularity is part of Yahoo's Algorithm, Google doesn't put much on that to determines one website ranking. The more visitors click on your website from Yahoo SERP's, the more you'll get close to the Top Ranking.

- The category you are listed in Yahoo Web Directory should (if possible) contain some keywords. This plays a little with the ranking.

- Site-wide linking. Its a choice you have to make, you can get one link per domain in order to rank well on google search engine but you can also get a lot of site-wide linking from other site, Yahoo loves it.

I wish to ask is it true.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

• kortia
    Second Lieutenant

• Nov 2008

Re: yahoo pagerank algorithm

Originally posted by VodaBot View Post
    I read somewhere that yahoo pagerank algorithm give importance to following points mainly:

- The title of your website must contain your major keywords. The title is the biggest ranking factor of Yahoo's raking algorithm!

- The description you give when submitting to yahoo web directory should include your major keywords, however don't try to repeat them too much. Very important step.

- Click Popularity is part of Yahoo's Algorithm, Google doesn't put much on that to determines one website ranking. The more visitors click on your website from Yahoo SERP's, the more you'll get close to the Top Ranking.

- The category you are listed in Yahoo Web Directory should (if possible) contain some keywords. This plays a little with the ranking.

- Site-wide linking. Its a choice you have to make, you can get one link per domain in order to rank well on google search engine but you can also get a lot of site-wide linking from other site, Yahoo loves it.

I wish to ask is it true.

More...

Yes, title tags rule on yahoo. If it is not in the title forget it.
    Yes on the second
    Yes and no. Google does play a big role on click popularity. Yahoo also plays heavy on how many back links you have and get a day (they love popularity), careful though as google does as well and to many will get you sent to the end of the line.So if building back links with google do not over do it.
    Your title with Yahoo directory will help you yes indeed. I still rank # 1 for ezy lift and I do not even have it in my title tag OR on my site at all on www.123lift.com, however that is how it is listed in the directory. I sell a competitor lift now and the manufacture ezy lift does not even show up at all on yahoo for that keyword. So your title tag in yahoo directory is powerful. This works wonders for me :)

Sitewide linking is good if it is good for your customer. You have to find a happy medium with google, yahoo and msn. A site that is built for the user in mind will always be king.

As long as search engines can get to every page on your site from the "home" page or Index page you are good to go.

A great way to know if that is possible is to use an old text browser like in the golden days of building websites.
    Last edited by kortia; 04-26-2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: typos
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
    X