X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is VodaHits Necessary?

Hi All,

I was just wondering is subscribing to VodaHits necessary or can I submit an XML file to search engines myself?

Teresa

Re: Is VodaHits Necessary?

VodaHits is a Website Submission Service provided by VodaHost that submits and your website to the Search Engines regularly, assuming you follow the recommendations for updating and improving the site based on the monthly reports VodaHits provides .....

You do not "submit" a sitemap.xml file to the Search Engines ... you generate one and upload it to the server in the same Directory that your website is hosted: the Search Engines 'find' this file by themselves, and use it as an 'aid' in evaluating your overall site (something that is a good thing).

Once you properly create a sitemap.xml file and include it as part of your website, then you can subscribe to VodaHits to have your site properly submitted and better manage the evolution of your site by following the recommendations in the Reports you get from VodaHits.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

How do you generate a sitemap file? Is it in the tutorials?

Teresa

Comment

Hey, Teresa ....

Blue Voda now has the ability to generate a sitemap.xml file for you, and if you choose this method, you should review the Tutorial carefully.

I prefer to do it manually, myself...
        Go HERE and follow Steps 1-4, remembering to use "Blue FTP" to upload your sitemap to your account (in Blue Voda > Tools > FTP Manager ... Tutorial).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Again,

Are there better benefits doing it yourself?

Teresa

Comment

BTW I forgot to ask, does VodaHits submit sites to directories too?

Teresa

Comment

Working...
            X