GEO Positioning META Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEO Positioning META Tag

Does anyone know if the Geo positioning meta tag for google is a waste of time or worth adding it? I know the mixed feelings about the meta tags productivity but... I want to know if it will help or will the zipcode meta tag work better since my business has a bunch of areas it covers. Do SE use the zipcode tag to add you to the local results with better ranking since they can add you to the specific area where the searcher is located if both our zipcode match or is this too an SE enigma?

Thanks SEO experts!!!
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: Geo positioning meta tag

i think it has to be reflected on your page to help no? And do your searchers actually use it? Other than the yellow pages?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That's what I'm not sure about. From my understanding, the geotag let's the robots know where my business is located so when someone does a search they will find me locally (my business is not national yet) since when they do a search, the SE knows their location and gives the results appropriately. I have keywords for my location as well but I was wondering if these tags are more helpful since some rural areas are not used as part of a search.

Also, if someone for example searches "dog training" without adding a location, they get a bunch of unrelated sites. My thought is that the Geotag lets SE know where I am, and knows where the searcher is at therefore would put me in the search results.

If I add the geotag, or zipcode meta tag, would I have to insert the codes to everyone of my pages <head> or just the index page?!
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

It would be just as effective to add "Serving <zip code> Colorado Clients Since 2009" or "Proudly Serving <zip code> <city> CO Area Clients" to your Page Description .... note the use of "City" + "Area," which both serves the same SE exactness of using zip code and City, but also to human visitors a variable for them to consider as well (widens appeal).

* To properly use any (META, Google) Tag Scripts, they need be placed on every page in order to properly associate, and to properly interact with the Content of those pages as a "descriptor" (META is a series of specific 'descriptors' formatted especially to cause relational values between different datasets).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: GEO Positioning META Tag

Thing is, I have at least 20 zip code areas. Would choosing just one be worth it?

I think it is a good idea, like you said, to add a major city or two with a zipcode into the description as well as into the home page. I have a page dedicated just to the service area. However, I should only do so with one or two pages so to not make each page despribtion similar correct?!
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

Re: GEO Positioning META Tag

Originally posted by adir_sharon View Post
            Thing is, I have at least 20 zip code areas. Would choosing just one be worth it?

I think it is a good idea, like you said, to add a major city or two with a zipcode into the description as well as into the home page. I have a page dedicated just to the service area. However, I should only do so with one or two pages so to not make each page despribtion similar correct?!
            Doesn't matter ... what matters is that the Page Description accurately reflect that page's Content ...

20 Zip Codes? Geesh! That's like half the State of Florida in comparison!
            You'd be better off adding the GeoMETA globally and tightening up Site Relevancy and Content Development.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X