I have a slooooow computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a slooooow computer

Hi. The Video on www.paintballing-in-kent.co.uk is taking around 15-20 mins to load / Buffer. Can anyone suggest what can be done to solve this problem

Gordon

Re: Movie taking 15 minutes to load

Originally posted by q4k View Post
    Hi. The Video on www.paintballing-in-kent.co.uk is taking around 15-20 mins to load / Buffer. Can anyone suggest what can be done to solve this problem

Gordon
    Yep..... Go Here. You need a new PC... Loads in seconds for me!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, took a wile for it to start up on my 2008 model with vista.
      Flash converter is a good bet as suggested on the last post.
      There is a few free ones out there, but not sure what they are like. Link to one of them
      Also mrmagoo on the forum has a service for this.
      Would be worth getting some more views on how long it takes to load as just over 40meg, i am surprised it only takes a few secs to load. But Ramsey might have a very fast machine connected to a fast connection.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

No way to solve buffering problem until you have an internet connection which has very high speed.
        pisos vilafranca del penedes loans for bad credit

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          But Ramsey might have a very fast machine connected to a fast connection.
          I just spent £1,000 on a new mega super duper PC so I guess I'm cheating a bit.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: I have a slooooow computer

Hi Gordon,

Computers are soooooooooooooooooooo cheap nowadays especially during
            this economic downturn.

To spend money to speed up your sloooooooooooooooow computer is really not worth the effort and cost.

If you have financial constraint, it is worth while to look at used [second hand] computers with faster cpu, more Ram and a good graphic card installed. Or buy a new one on instalment.

They are only used but perform just as good as a new computer.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              I just spent £1,000 on a new mega super duper PC so I guess I'm cheating a bit.
              I'm at a loss figuring this in USD ...
              Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
              Computers are so cheap nowadays to spend money to speed up your slow computer is really not worth the effort and cost..... buy a new one on installment.
              Had I not just ramped up my twin desktops, I would have jumped on this unit (might still, once I move into my new place) >> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7&sku=A69-1001
              It's offered at a great price, and better yet, for $21/mo. installments if need be!
              (At $21/mo. you would be finished paying it off just about the time your Extended Warranty ends, so stay aware!)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

We had a problem with a slow PC and it turned out that we had managed to load two virus checkers. When we zapped one of these, the PC's speed magically improved - worth a check!

As mentioned on another recent thread, Ccleaner is a good free cleaner-upper.

Comment

It loads pretty quick for me. If you don't have funding for a new super computer, you might want to check out zdnet.com it is an IT site but free to join, and they have some good cleaners, and tweaks to speed up computers, some are free and some cost. I have used a number of the free down loadable programs and they work very well.
                  Good luck.
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I wouldn't jump right to buy a new computer... It may be because of something running on the computer, a slow connection, or because the computer doesn't have enough power.

What kind of internet connection do you have?
                    What country do you live in?
                    What's your computer specifications? (or how old is it, and was is a low end/ mid range/ or high end computer when you got it)
                    Are other websites loading slow for you?
                    When you go to youtube, does it load videos slow?
                    Do other programs run slow?

It can be any range of different issues that buying a new computer may or may not fix...

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                    X