• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monere
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

uninstaling problems

hey everyone

i wanted to publish a page through blue voda but it denied access to the ip address. then i checked the ip address that i received from the vodahost team for publishing my pages and i noticed that the address was not even listed in the publishing list in bluevoda. that moment i knew something is wrong. i proceeded to unisntalling the software and reinstalling it. maybe this way it would have self updated or something and everything would have been back to normal. but then another problem occured: an annoying message poped up everytime i tried to unistall the bluevoda website builder from control panel or using the ccleaner program. the message states: "could not load initialization file"

i think it means that it cannot find the uninstal file but i am not sure. it's just a hunch. anyway, i have been having this kind of problems with my pc lately (i use windows vista btw) but now as more and more programs are playing tricks on me i need to take care of this matter before i will have to reinstal windows and all the programs i have on my pc. and man! there are quite a few

so, if anyone has any idea how to fix the unistal feature and/or how to make that publishing window in blue voda do its thing, i would appreciate it

thanks
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: uninstaling problems

Can only suggest re-downloading BV again & see if this clears the BV problem. It will certainly repopulate the IP numbers.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• monere
      Corporal

• Feb 2008

yes i know about reinstalling bv but wouldn't it be bad if i reinstalled it upon the old one? as far as i know things like this lead to conflicts between programs and may crush my os even more.

anyway, i will do this at once if i won't receive other useful answers these 2-3 days :)

thanks for replying

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

No.. uninstall the old one first if you wish... it wont overwrite your files as they are saved in a different location than the actual program.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• monere
          Corporal

• Feb 2008

ok thanks

didn't think about that :p

Comment

Working...
          X