• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen Ringrose
    First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Lost files after PC virus

Hi

Appreciate any help from anyone. recently uninstalled pc due to a virus but never backed up hard drive for this reason! Reinstalled hard drive onto a new system and have now discovered, that I have lost all my BV files for the past years work on my wedding favour store :( Is there any way that BV holds these files anywhere or is that the end of all those hours work or any other way of turning the clock back ?

many thanks in advance
    Karen
    urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com
    thelittlefavourboxcompany.com
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Lost files after PC virus

Hi Karen Kingrose,

The C:\ drive is always vulnerable to attacks once reformatted it is not possible to recover any data.

Dowload and install a new BlueVoda. Then populate it once again with the pics and graphics you used in your website design.

Log in to your cPanel and download a full backup of your site to a designated folder on your new pc. This option once opened in BV will find a lot of missing pics and graphics

The 2nd option is to import the existing html files using your BlueVoda Website Builder>File>new>from internet>...............then save the file
    one by one.

This option as it is in html will be intact viewed with a browser but once saved and reopened in BV will render the pics and graphis missing unless you had repopulate your BlueVoda folder with the pics and graphics whih you used before.

The above options are better than nothing at all.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, cant help with the back up part. But might be a good opportunity to have a revamp on a few bits around the sites. IE:
      Many of the images are far to heavy in kbs for web use & very slow loading on the 1st visit..
      Many of the pages are @ 1400 wide & giving the pages a lot of side scroll.

only an idea.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
        First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hi Zuritman

Muchly thanks for the advice we have been slowly recovering pages
        YAY thrilled to bits !! thank you :)

Hi Cris
        Again thanks for the advice, we are in the process of building a new website and now I can have lost files I can back in to sites and finish editing them until we ut the new ones up finally !!
        Thanks again

Karen

Comment

• brandongreen

I see your finally going to have your site back up Karen COngrates

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
            First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hey Brandon

Dont think so :( Google has plastered my home page with attack warnings
            and now today and kind of enter if you dare sign saying that I have 14 out of 24 pages infected with this illusionfest :( I asked for a review as was clear and now shut down again !!! AAArrghghghghggh this is hell ! lol I have to or I will cry !

Shall em soon Brandon been a manic week here
            Muchliesd
            Karen

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Karen,

If google says your files are infected then you should immediately scan your new computer.

2] You may have to delete all your files on your server too? This you have to submit a support ticket to VodaHost first to verify whether anything can be done before deleting.

3] Republish.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by artfuldodger
                it pays to have a external hard drive and keep all files in the external hard drive......save pictures,images and ALL bluevoda pages in that hard drive.
                then if you get another virus your files are safe.

I agree with you Artfuldodger on this point.

If you have a large disk split the disk into 2 drives C: and D:

While the C: is vulnerable the D: drive remains safe.

I do not want to debate this with anyone as to me it is proven thru my trial and error over the last 10 years.

Attacks are always targeted at your C: files.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                State of Johor.

Comment

Working...
                X