• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cab3
    Private

• Feb 2009

running tests on my XP laptop

I just downloaded BlueVoda onto my laptop that is running Windows XP Professional. I am running IIS and do a lot of testing right on this laptop.

I created an index page and saved it as html, and when I accessed it with my browser I saw a bunch of special characters as if it was binary encoded. A review of the source using notepad indicates the BlueVoda encoded the file.

Normally, I like to build and test my websites prior to deployment; will I be able to do that with BlueVoda?
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Problems running tests on my XP laptop

Its not really encoded as much as it is formatted. BlueVoda pages are not converted into a html document until it is published to a vodahost server. You can preview a page and it will display normally, but you can't open a bluevoda file directly in a browser. Saving a file as a .html in bluevoda will just mean your files actual name is going to be say..

index.html.bvp

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• davidundalicia
      General

• Mar 2006

Re: Problems running tests on my XP laptop

First you do not save the bluevoda index (or any other page) with an extension.......BV will do this for you.

Then when you PUBLISH your page it will create an html page.

You can Preview most pages before you publish, but some items are not previewable.

Links will not work until pages are published.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
      X