Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Thanks, Holly, for bringing things back in rein. I had backed completely away from this thread, as it was going from a competition to people looking for a way to get search engines to see them.

KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.

As Vasili just stated, it could be up and running already - if it's going to be simply making pages under certain criteria, then posting the url to the page - it's become much more friendly again.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi all, sorry I haven’t posted back a little sooner. But a bit of back trouble has kept me in & out the office. But all back to normal now.
      Seems like there has been start middle & end to this discussion with some interesting ideas suggested along the way. If anyone would like to continue with this idea via the forum please, please feel free to do so & I will contribute to help in any way I can.
      As I said it was jut to get the feel & ideas on what might be needed to get this off the ground. But on reflecting on what would be needed if the project grew much more than a few pages using the forum, I believe it would be in trouble. I also realise that this would be impossible to manage properly, given the facilities & constraints that the forum would offer. So for this reason, plus my apologise for starting the post & not finishing it. I will opt out of this idea.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I've fallen of the BOX in the PUB

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
          I know it was suggested a short wile back about a challenge for the best website. And rightly so it was mentioned that it may create some friction.
          What I am suggesting is a competition to see who can create the best single 800x600 web page using only Bluevoda & nothing else what so ever. IE:…
          No external images/fonts/scripts/ absolutely nothing but BV.
          Then the top three or so from of each month can be showcased in a view only section of the forum. With maybe some info on how the page was created for others to use.
          Maybe have 2 categories. Like best artistic page created with BV & best technical creation using BV. Open for ideas on this.

Cheers.
          Chris

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you are recovering as well as to be expected. I guess I had thought, logically, that you would be the guy to head this project, since it was your idea. I guess I can understand if you are not interested in doing so. However, from your onset of posting this thread, there has not been much deviation in suggesting to do what you had originally posted. Please accept my apology if my asking you to take a leadership role for this project has caused your decline in such.

I guess the voting for pages has been taken away, which in most opinions is a good thing, as we see it as a learning and teaching experience as opposed to a competition. As you had originally thought to keep it part of this forum, it appears most are also in agreement with this. With these things it has been kept simple.

Another idea of having a header/logo built that everyone could use on the page was introduced, which is a good idea, it adds to the strength of the venture by having one certain image posted on a page submitted within the category.

So I guess we look for a new leader to initiate this venture. I continue to be interested in this and would look forward to someone making a post in the appropriate area of the forum, setting a deadline date for page submissions. If we don't want to have a logo/header creation in advance, it doesn't matter to me ... but if anyone is willing to make this post and at the same time ask ***** to make us a sticky area, I would join in the efforts of creating and submitting a page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I was going to make a page. I liked your pages you made Chris.

Comment

Hi Lady, It would be great if you carried on with the project & really hope it gets off the ground. The only reason i am dropping out & would of liked it as a competition to enable a showcase of the best pages that entrants have made, so newbie’s could be shown what is possible using BV.
              I personally can’t see the point in saying to a newbie “have a look in this part of the forum for some ideas” when it maybe full of pages that aren’t the greatest of examples.
              (I was trying to say **** in a diplomatic way).
              It wouldn’t be doing vodahost any favours in the looks department, or give newbie’s looking for ideas any encouragement if they where pointed to this type area. This was the reason for a showcase where pages have earned their position via a vote.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great to hear your reasons Chris and I hope you will eagerly submit your page creations just the same. I somewhat disagree with you though in your perspective of what this event can offer.

In so far as "Not doing Voda Any Good in the Looks Department" - I guess I see the entire forum as one that is chock full of ideas, suggestions, learning, teaching and attempts at putting it all together, whether the suggestions etc., are of ranking quality or not. I think anyone that submits a page or looks through an entire lot of pages, (even though some not suitable for top marks) will gain from seeing the creations. Any submissions would be totally worth building on. I see it as a begining but certainly not an end to the possibiilities. I guess I don't see it as an entry page being screened before it becomes eligible to show members of this community. I think everyone should have the opportunity to participate whether their material is worthy of top rating or not.

You might instead look at this as the "starting" point to see a possible evolution of more. I think it more important to solicit participation from everyone.

For now though, I think I will give this one more day, and see if anyone is interested in leading this venture to it's much needed step, and if not I would be happy to assume the role and set things in action.

Thanks Chris, I look forward to your participation and hope you will still participate by submitting your page entries in the categories that will be set up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Go for it Holly, if you need any help, email me.........................
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                    Hi Lady, It would be great if you carried on with the project & really hope it gets off the ground. The only reason i am dropping out & would of liked it as a competition to enable a showcase of the best pages that entrants have made, so newbie’s could be shown what is possible using BV.
                    I personally can’t see the point in saying to a newbie “have a look in this part of the forum for some ideas” when it maybe full of pages that aren’t the greatest of examples.
                    (I was trying to say **** in a diplomatic way).
                    It wouldn’t be doing vodahost any favours in the looks department, or give newbie’s looking for ideas any encouragement if they where pointed to this type area. This was the reason for a showcase where pages have earned their position via a vote.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                      Great to hear your reasons Chris and I hope you will eagerly submit your page creations just the same. I somewhat disagree with you though in your perspective of what this event can offer.

In so far as "Not doing Voda Any Good in the Looks Department" - I guess I see the entire forum as one that is chock full of ideas, suggestions, learning, teaching and attempts at putting it all together, whether the suggestions etc., are of ranking quality or not. I think anyone that submits a page or looks through an entire lot of pages, (even though some not suitable for top marks) will gain from seeing the creations. Any submissions would be totally worth building on. I see it as a begining but certainly not an end to the possibiilities. I guess I don't see it as an entry page being screened before it becomes eligible to show members of this community. I think everyone should have the opportunity to participate whether their material is worthy of top rating or not.

You might instead look at this as the "starting" point to see a possible evolution of more. I think it more important to solicit participation from everyone.

For now though, I think I will give this one more day, and see if anyone is interested in leading this venture to it's much needed step, and if not I would be happy to assume the role and set things in action.

Thanks Chris, I look forward to your participation and hope you will still participate by submitting your page entries in the categories that will be set up.
                      Finally Holly, some one has taken the bull by the horns and given it a good kicking.

Comment

Going, going, gone .. okay, you'll all be stuck with me ... I've sent off a bit of info to see about getting our own area for the gallery. Once this is in place, the first phase will begin.

So sounds good to me and I hope we will see alot of participation by any and all members.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hmmmmm........I suppose there will be no end to it if I leave you high and dry on this one, huh?

< Dragging my feet as I come sit at the table >
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                            Hmmmmm........I suppose there will be no end to it if I leave you high and dry on this one, huh?

Well Mister .... It's about time ............

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili

now now all you multi-starred ones have to set a good example for those of us less stellar
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com
                              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
                                now now all you multi-starred ones have to set a good example for those of us less stellar
                                Stars in your eyes, Stars on the shoulder....no matter! They all shine bright!

Did you keep up with the entire logistical developments in this thread, Liz?
                                I seem to have the ability, but personally, I have lost track of exactly what it is I am supposed to "contribute" to anymore! LOLOL
                                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                                X