X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFH007
    replied
    Re: Starting a Succesful Forum

I.m sorry, but i can't to find how can i add or register new users.
    How can i do that?

Leave a comment:

• racefan20
    replied

Originally posted by Ram_Industries
    race :

no need for the cookie fix .. re installed the entire forum it opens up with no problems now. the admin is all set up as of late.

Ram_Industries
    Good to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Ram_Industries
    replied

race :

no need for the cookie fix .. re installed the entire forum it opens up with no problems now. the admin is all set up as of late.

Ram_Industries

Leave a comment:

• racefan20
    replied

NavalDesign:

Thank you!

I had to re-install the forum with a new user name and password. Reconfigure the entire install into the publick_html folder.

So again thank you for all your helps.

Racefan:

Thank you for yesterdays attempts at working with this forum stuff. Got it up and running but still have one issue as in clicking the forum from Homepage to open the forum, instead of taking me to the forum page where one must click a link to enter the forum.

Ram_Industries
    Did you get the cookie thing fixed so you can access the admin panel?

Leave a comment:

• racefan20
    replied

It is taking me to a page I do not want to be taken to. I am trying to get it to open directly into the actual form not to the other blank page... which I had to create a text with a logo that was changed so when you clicked the logo it opened into the forum

Ram_Industries
    I'll take a look at your site and get a better idea what's going on...

Change the link to: http://martech-inc.biz/forum

Leave a comment:

• Ram_Industries
    replied

It is taking me to a page I do not want to be taken to. I am trying to get it to open directly into the actual form not to the other blank page... which I had to create a text with a logo that was changed so when you clicked the logo it opened into the forum

Ram_Industries

Leave a comment:

• racefan20
    replied

NavalDesign:

Thank you!

I had to re-install the forum with a new user name and password. Reconfigure the entire install into the publick_html folder.

Racefan:

Thank you for yesterdays attempts at working with this forum stuff. Got it up and running but still have one issue as in clicking the forum from Homepage to open the forum, instead of taking me to the forum page where one must click a link to enter the forum.

Ram_Industries
    I'm not sure what you're asking for: do you want it to take you to a page of some sort before entering the forum, or it's doing that now and you want it to stop?

Leave a comment:

• Ram_Industries
    replied

NavalDesign:

Thank you!

Racefan:

Ram_Industries

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Navaldesign:

I have created a file and downloaded the PHP file. to include the auto_cookies and type of style I wanted.

Inside the auto_cookies file is a file named install. Inside the install folder is the file cookies.

My problem is now that I have the forumuploaded, it will not permit me to gain access to the administration area. I have used the correct [Username][Password] when I downloaded the file. But still to no end refuses to sign me in. The buttons do not work nor will it even permit me to enter the Administration Panel.

Installed a fix for the site but still nothing permitting me to gain any type of access to the panel to add or change the forum.

Any suggestions please?

Ram_Industries
    I think racefan20 is much more suitable to answer your questions about forum scripts. Race ?

Leave a comment:

• Ram_Industries
    replied

Navaldesign:

I have created a file and downloaded the PHP file. to include the auto_cookies and type of style I wanted.

Inside the auto_cookies file is a file named install. Inside the install folder is the file cookies.

My problem is now that I have the forumuploaded, it will not permit me to gain access to the administration area. I have used the correct [Username][Password] when I downloaded the file. But still to no end refuses to sign me in. The buttons do not work nor will it even permit me to enter the Administration Panel.

Installed a fix for the site but still nothing permitting me to gain any type of access to the panel to add or change the forum.

Any suggestions please?

Ram_Industries

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I am using the template value in SoHoLaunch.

Is there a way to install a forum onto my page using soho?

I have been to the main menu in soho and can not find anything related to installing a forum onto my website.

Please advise.

Ram_Industries
    Install php2bb forum from fantastico. Use a separate directory to install, f.e. /forum. When installing check the "Send me information email" so you get all the login info in your inbox. Then create a link from your menu bar to the forum, as instructed in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• Ram_Industries
    replied

I am using the template value in SoHoLaunch.

Is there a way to install a forum onto my page using soho?

I have been to the main menu in soho and can not find anything related to installing a forum onto my website.

Please advise.

Ram_Industries

Leave a comment:

• bikramishra
    replied

Originally posted by pet121
    I have to agree building a forum is alot of work but has many possibilities. I have been working on mine for a month straight not even a 1/4 finshed. Will it be worth it, you betcha! pet121
    Don't know the abc of the subject !But interested in starting one .Let me plunge in !

Leave a comment:

• pet121
    replied

I have to agree building a forum is alot of work but has many possibilities. I have been working on mine for a month straight not even a 1/4 finshed. Will it be worth it, you betcha! pet121

Leave a comment:

• VodaHost
    replied

click the below...

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X