• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay K
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2009

Forum issue

I have a slight problem with my forum,how do i get rid of the writing at the top of the forum page? i used adobe contribute editor and was adding keywords to the page and when i published the page it came out like this. http://kamalifestyles.com/forum/

I have gone back and deleted the keywords, refreshed the page but the writing on the top of the page keeps showing up. I need to get rip of it as soon as possible. anybody help?
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Please help! Forum issue

Chances are there is still a space or line break before the forum script starts. You can't add text into phpbb directly from the php files, you have to edit the templates otherwise it will output before certain php functions are executed which modify the browsers headers (which has to be done before any output).

Either download a phpbb from their website and just reupload the index.php file (assuming you have no mods installed it shouldn't cause any problems), or if you are comfortable enough, open the index.php page in your file manager and make sure there is absolutely nothing (even white space) before <?php, and it should solve the problem.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Jay K
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2009

I have contacted vodahost customer support and they said i can set my forum to debug mode. Is there an option in phpBB to uncheck it? I have tried everything to remove the writing at the top of the forum page but still having problems.

This is what shows up on the top of the forum page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /index.php:2)
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /index.php:2)
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /index.php:2)
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /index.php:2)

Kamalifestyles is the best dating coach for men that offer specialty courses in knowing how to flirt with new women, make endless conversation...

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Its not debug mode, the forum is automatically generating an error so it can be debuged.

If you want I should be able to fix it for you. If its what I think it is it will take about a minute. You can use my contact form on my website (http://watdaflip.net) and send me message with login information.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Jay K
          Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2009

Re: Forum issue

Thank you watdaflip, i have sent you my forum login details. hope you can remove the error.

Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
          X