• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tottingham
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Copy and Paste from Word

I am trying to cut and paste from a word 2007 document (.docx) into a text area and it will not keep the formatting. Is there a way to keep the formatting ie. double spacing, indents, and etc.?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Copy and Paste from Word

Try saving first your document as a 2003-2007 Compatible version of Word, and then copying/pasting.

If that does not hold, then you will have to forego your formatting via Tabs, Margins, and Rules: you can paste over formatting of indents if made by merely manipulating the spacebar, but I doubt the line spacing Rules will copy over ... only the "hard format" instances. Understand?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• tottingham
      Private First Class

• Feb 2007

I'll try that as I have machines with that version of office. When I paste the document into the text box in blue voda the formatting is ok until I select off the text box then all formatting disappears and everything is left justified and single spaced. I'll try your suggestions and will send an update. Thanks, Don

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Simpler to use Word Pad.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You can not use Words formatting. HTML simply doesn't support it, so BV doesn't either.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by tottingham View Post
            I'll try that as I have machines with that version of office. When I paste the document into the text box in blue voda the formatting is ok until I select off the text box then all formatting disappears and everything is left justified and single spaced. I'll try your suggestions and will send an update. Thanks, Don
            As I said above, only simple "hard formatting" sticks ...
            With regard to formatting in Forums, many variables such as font, color, italtics, size, spacing, and marks do in fact copy/paste well (just as they do in VodaTalk, vBulletin and Blue Voda), but "Rules" formatting do not: margins, guidelines, line spacing, justification (which needs be set in BV separately), and indents created using Tab or auto-format styles etc.

I personally do this often, mostly to keep a record of everything I do (by creating and keeping individual Word files) and to avoid timeouts, and am familiar doing so with excellent results in Blue Voda, Joomla, Wordpress, vBulletin, phpBB, and even osCommerce and Soholaunch. If it was not possible, I would not mention it.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Never use Word copied text. Word includes hidden formatting characters that may cause issues even when apparently it looks ok..

Copy the text in Notepad or Wordpad (which clear all hidden characters)and then copy from there to paste in BV. Do ALL formatting in BV.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• tottingham
                Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thanks for all the help and comments. I will just format in bv in the future. I will try the other suggestions ie. wordpad etc.
                Don

Comment

Working...
                X