• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwelveBeads
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

phpBB set up in Fantastico

What directory do I enter in the Install in directory field?
  • TwelveBeads
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Re: php forum set up Fantastico

Have watched tutorial twice ~ still not clear what to put in Install in directory field.

And do I click the "Do not delete the /install/ directory" box????

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: php forum set up Fantastico

Are you setting this up on a domain that already has a website in front, or is this going to be "the" site for an Add-On domain?

1. If you are adding a Forum to an existing website (which you can access by using a link), then you type in a "name" for the forum and Fantastico will automatically create a directory for it: i.e. want to name the forum "Community" type in "community" and the directory will be created > www YourSite.com/community/ *Be sure to select the proper domain in your account from the drop-down list at top to create the new directory (sub-domain) upon and install the forum into.

2. You want the forum to be the main site for an Add-On domain, choose the domain from the drop-down list at top, and type nothing in the box, so Fantastico installs the forum in the public_html/ directory ... and will become the main site for the domain. The domain and forum will present normally > www. Add-OnDomain.com
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• TwelveBeads
        Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Re: phpBB set up in Fantastico

OK I got it! First tutorial down. I watched the second one twice so lets see how I do with that!

Thanks so much V!

Comment

• TwelveBeads
          Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

OK - I can not even get to the screen they are showing on the second tutorial! :) LOL How do I get there?????

Comment

• TwelveBeads
            Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

uploaded phpbb3 files via FileZilla then tried this...
            "Once all the files have been uploaded to your site you should point your browser at this location with the addition of install/. For example if your domain name is www.mydomain.tld and you placed phpBB3 in a directory /phpBB3 off your web root you would enter http://www.mydomain.tld/phpBB3/install/ or (alternatively) http://www.mydomain.tld/phpBB3/install/index.php into your browser. When you have done this you should see the phpBB3 Installation screen appear."

Not working....

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

GWEN ..... either you install phpBB via Fantastico in your VH account Control Panel, or you follow the Tutorials to do a manual install. You can't do both ... which is why you are seeing this error message.

If you need to install a set of THEME (skin) files, they are usually pre-compiled conveniently as a ".zip" file, and you can upload simply via your FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel. Simply drill in to get to the domain and directory your forum is installed on, and then drill in further to the Templates folder: then follow the instructions on how to install the template. (Every theme/skin folder comes with installation instructions, seen as a ".txt" file within the Main folder)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X