Newbie Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here

Hello everyone I've been lurking through the forums for a little while now since I began my website but just now decided to register. So I thought I would say hi. I'm sure you will see more of me as I get further and further along with my site.

BTW did anyone else feel like their first site was not that good looking compared to the ones you would see being tested in the Testing Forum? I've been trucking along thinking mine looks pretty good and then I get on here and feel like mine looks so plain or unprofessional. Maybe its just me I just thought I would see if anyone else felt the same way.

Travis
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: Newbie Here

Welcome to VodaLand, good luck with yr site.
    What is your site? I'm sure it will be great.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

G'day Travis..

Wanting to do more and to look better is a good thing, but it don't necessarily mean that what've got is not good.. Post the URL and I'm sure we'll like what we see.
      Cheers.

Comment

Welcome Travis!
        My first site is so far in the past. Im constantly finding new ways to do and redo. As you learn more you will ad and remove until you finally get what you want...and its a fun ride!
        Then there is your next site!...hehe.....

Comment

Welcome Travis
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Lurking... what a great word... a bit like skulking but scarier :) Hi Tavis

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks everyone. The sites name will be SteadyRacing.net. I have not published it yet because I want to get the biggest majority built before I do that. However, as you can tell by the name it is a racing site that will primarily be used to showcase mine and my friends race cars.
              www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

your welcome..have you seen Racefan's site? you might enjoy having a look.
                Days Of Blunder

Comment

I am glad we have some Texan's here who do not bleat on about guns and shooting and kill everything that isn't American. Very refreshing compared to other forums ;)

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                    your welcome..have you seen Racefan's site? you might enjoy having a look.
                    Days Of Blunder
                    That was pretty neat and yet another example of how i think my site is behind the times.
                    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Dont go and get self critical!...Im sure your doing just fine!...Racefan has been at this for quite a long time, and has different taste than you. I will go to other photo sites and compare all the time..I find it inspiring and also helpful if I just cant find the 'right' thing...all houses are built strong begining with a good frame!...
                      This is all a learning experience and we are all learning every day!
                      email me if you want to and let me have a look if your not ready for the whole experience of critique!...

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306

BTW did anyone else feel like their first site was not that good looking compared to the ones you would see being tested in the Testing Forum? I.

Travis
                        Yeah that why mines taking more than 6 months to do and its still not finished lol

Welcome aboard :o)
                        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

BLK,

Welcome to the forum. Nice 'stang! Don't worry about the look of your site UNTIL you are finished with it ... though that may be a while off yet. I'd say some 60 - 70% of sites are constantly changing and evolving. It's just a part of the learning experience. I am but one day from publishing my first site myself, so I kninda understand how you feel. Have a good one, and good luck!
                          brenT

Comment

Welcome Travis, and sure, I felt the same way.......Kassi hit it right on the nail....some good words and advice.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'll have mine ready for everyone to take a look at sooner or later. Kassi I may have to take you up on your deal but how can I send it to you when its not published? Do I just send it as an e-mail attachment?
                              www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Working...
                              X