Do you have traffic problems in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Do you have traffic problems in your area?

Living in London is not the greatest in the respect of terrible traffic. The last 5 to 6 weeks have been absolute bliss due to the schools being on their holiday period. It takes on average 1 hour to travel 9 miles from my house to the centre in the rush hour when schools are open. But you can 1/2 this time when on their hols. Is it the same in other cities & where you live?

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project
  • FPRob
    Colonel

• Aug 2006

Re: Do you have traffic problems in your area?

I have driven round London numerous times and I completely agree, complete nightmare and I don't think the new congestion charges do much to help but, I have normally only been there at weekends when the charges don't apply.

Traffic is also a complete b17ch in Birmingham and Manchester. Very glad I dont live in a city but...

Be happy Chris take a look at this....

:D

FPRULES

Comment

• Code-Burnt-Gemini
      Major

• Jul 2006

I live in a rural area, small town. I live 17 - 20 miles from where we work. It normaly takes about 25 minutes to get there ... 35 if we have to stop for fuel. I can't stand city traffic, nor the complexity of it. That video clip will never see this country boy out there trying to navigate through that mess. I try to live by the K.I.S.S method. The simpler the better.
      brenT

Comment

• SChajin
        Major General

• Jan 2006

Where I live we only have 100,000 people so not to much problems with traffic, we complain anyway.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

• bill2006
          Lieutenant General

• May 2006

I thought London had imposed an assessment in order to drive into the city ?
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
            I thought London had imposed an assessment in order to drive into the city ?
            I’m afraid it was just anther tax . But any one can still drive into the centre. At the moment its £8.00 per day for all cars & their trying to put it up to £8.00 for small cars & up to £25.00 for anything over 2000cc. They tell us it’s to stop pollution? Yes it may help. But they earn millions every year on car related revenue in London alone. Parking/trafic tickets & so on.
            So they wont want to hit everyone to hard?

Chris.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• LadyEye
              General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

We have very little traffic here as well compared to the rest of the nation I suppose. A traffic jam for us might mean 10 extra minutes and we all have road rage too ... it's all what you are accustomed to.

I sure would not enjoy this mess you will see in these videos below ....

crazy eh!!

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ez-ez
                Special Status

• Mar 2006

I live about 60Km from the city in a suburb with a population of 18,000.. not much traffic in my suburb, but I work in the city.. I hate it with passion.. No matter what they do to improve the traffic situation around australian cities they always fail.. you can get a haircut while you wait for traffic to move in the mornings.. and I'm talking about the freeway.. or thats what they call it anyway.

Comment

• asirimarco
                  Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

we live in las vegas, nv - population is growing at rate of 5000 to 10000 per month - needless to say - roads arent keeping up with new areas. also the worst drivers in the world drive in LV - not making this up - it is refered to in the papers and on news tv every day. all city streets have speed limit of 45 if you are going 45 you get run over. red lights mean nothing - going from our house to the strip 4 miles can take over 45 minutes - going 4 blocks on the strip at night can take 1 hour
                  we are getting out of here in one area where they just built 27,000 new homes - the 2-lane road going to the area is a death trap - amazing
                  Ann
                  www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                  www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                  www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by asirimarco
                    we live in las vegas, nv - population is growing at rate of 5000 to 10000 per month - needless to say - roads arent keeping up with new areas. also the worst drivers in the world drive in LV - not making this up - it is refered to in the papers and on news tv every day. all city streets have speed limit of 45 if you are going 45 you get run over. red lights mean nothing - going from our house to the strip 4 miles can take over 45 minutes - going 4 blocks on the strip at night can take 1 hour
                    we are getting out of here in one area where they just built 27,000 new homes - the 2-lane road going to the area is a death trap - amazing
                    I would imagine on looking through your site that you must have come across some nice places that you would like to move to?

Chris.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Nite Producer
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                      Living in London is not the greatest in the respect of terrible traffic. The last 5 to 6 weeks have been absolute bliss due to the schools being on their holiday period. It takes on average 1 hour to travel 9 miles from my house to the centre in the rush hour when schools are open. But you can 1/2 this time when on their hols. Is it the same in other cities & where you live?

Chris.
                      I guess you heard about Dubai, it's takin london and hong kong way, don't believe what's shown on Advertising TV about Dubai, I'm leaving this ****y place very soon hopefully
                      The Producer

Comment

• Collectors-info
                        General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                        I guess you heard about Dubai, it's takin london and hong kong way, don't believe what's shown on Advertising TV about Dubai, I'm leaving this ****y place very soon hopefully
                        Hi NP,
                        My niece lives & works for about 9 months of the year in Dubai & works for the kamani family (think that how you spell it). Her & her husband work with race horses. He’s a jockey & she’s in charge of organising the Dubai cup?. Apparently it takes nearly 9 months to sort this event out. From what I understand, its quite a big event out there? (Not into the GG’s myself). But I think for their type of work it is far better for them than the UK & they have a better life style than they could working in a UK stable.
                        My niece even has a claim to fame of being the 1st woman in the world to win an official horse race in Dubai. (She got a cup about 2” tall & no money).

Chris.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• nish1959
                          Master Sergeant

• Jul 2005

Getting Starting with Video

Hi. Do any of the tutorials have a section on how to get video files on to your website? I'm not sure where to begin

Comment

• bill2006
                            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: Getting Starting with Video

Originally posted by nish1959
                            Hi. Do any of the tutorials have a section on how to get video files on to your website? I'm not sure where to begin
                            Hi, check this out: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...web-pages.html
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                              We have very little traffic here as well compared to the rest of the nation I suppose. A traffic jam for us might mean 10 extra minutes and we all have road rage too ... it's all what you are accustomed to.

I sure would not enjoy this mess you will see in these videos below ....

crazy eh!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9DLlMMXhKg&NR
                              There and in a few other major cities. Its easier to cross than you think, the drivers wont hit you - too much of hassle.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X