• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nite Producer
    Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

The famous crocodile hunter killed by a stingray - wow

it's a tragedy, the big australian crocodile hunter steve irwin has been killed by a stingray. This man was untouchable, being around crocodiles didn't hurt him, look how surprises happen, who would think that a stingray would kill somebody like him.

Nature is mean. watch out guys, I just have been bitten by a spider 3 days ago, luckely, it wasn't a deadly one.
    The Producer
  • Lincslady
    Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Re: The famous crocodile hunter killed by a stingray - wow

Awwww yeah i hear early this morning ....he was only 44 left 2 small children ...but its what he did ..he was a risk taker ...sad though
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Lincslady
      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Nite Producer

Nature is mean. watch out guys, I just have been bitten by a spider 3 days ago, luckely, it wasn't a deadly one.

Oh my! where do you live ?

How to Center your page

Comment

• Nite Producer
        Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Originally posted by Lincslady
        Oh my! where do you live ?
        for now, I'm in Dubai - UAE, but they have just 2 deadly spiders here, the australian red back and the black widow, I would be worrying if I was in Australia and got bitten, but the thing is they have everything for spiders bites and snakes etc etc in Oz, it's been years that somebody died from a spider bite. as well as I was worrying a lot here, because I don't trust Dubai, and I don't think that they could save me if I was in a danger fase.
        The Producer

Comment

• Lincslady
          Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Well thats one place I wont be going to then....urrghh dont like spiders at the best of times but biting ones eeeek .... you were lucky then eh? ..thank goodness ...did it have any effects on you?

How to Center your page

Comment

• ez-ez
            Special Status

• Mar 2006

Well thats one place I wont be going to then....urrghh dont like spiders at the best of times but biting ones eeeek .... you were lucky then eh? ..thank goodness ...did it have any effects on you?
            Linda.. if you don't deadly creepy crawly things, then stay away from Australia.. Alternatively, you do what I did, learn how to live with them.. so if you feel a 2" hairy hunstman spider crawling on your neck and falls into your top, just gently grab it and put it on a tree.. if it bites it's not that bad, it only gives you a fever for a few days.. cute huh?..lol

Now.. Steve Irwin died of a Sting-Ray sting.. that particular species is not poisonous.. but it is big and strong.. it has a spiked tail and lashes like a whip.. he was diving right above the ray when it flicked its tail and got stabbed him with the spike right in the heart.. so it's a stab wound that killed him, not the poison.. Amazing.. Isnt it..!! Poor fella.. he's been through alot and he still stood on his feet.. I admire him.

Comment

• allstarfaces
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

fare well to a great man , i went to see him in ozz cool zoo cool man and my heart goes out to his family

hes now a legend in my eyes
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• SChajin
                Major General

• Jan 2006

My heart goes out to his family as well.
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

• LadyEye
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

This is terribly sad news ... he will be missed but not forgotten ... my condolences to his family.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Code-Burnt-Gemini
                    Major

• Jul 2006

I truely hate to see that Mr Irwin has died. I know so many folks that look upto him as a role model, not just as a cool animal guy. Taking risks like he did was his passion. He died living his dream. If only we all could be that lucky. He was a great man with great vision WITH the ability to teach millions of people around the world about the animals that we share the planet with. He will be greatly missed. >:o(
                    brenT

Comment

• Nite Producer
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

come on, spiders exist everywhere, you can't avoid them, it's just matter of chance, the difference with me is, if I was in USA or Australia, I wouldn't worry too mush, but being in a **** place like dubai is not that safe, I don't trust doctors here, they can tell you that you have nothing, but god knows what's the truth, because or they have fake doctor degrees, or too lazy to work, or just don't give a **** about you, that's how it works in Dubai, you have to fight for yourself like in dinosaur time.
                      The Producer

Comment

• Nite Producer
                        Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Now.. Steve Irwin died of a Sting-Ray sting.. that particular species is not poisonous.. but it is big and strong.. it has a spiked tail and lashes like a whip.. he was diving right above the ray when it flicked its tail and got stabbed him with the spike right in the heart.. so it's a stab wound that killed him, not the poison.. Amazing.. Isnt it..!! Poor fella.. he's been through alot and he still stood on his feet.. I admire him.[/quote]

yeah true, I just didn't explain exactly what happened, I just was in shock, that's why I just wrote quick, man, he was so crazy to do all that stuff, I knew he would die by something like that, god bless him.
                        The Producer

Comment

• Nite Producer
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Honnestly guys, we don't have to be sorry really for him, we should be happy as said brenT, he died living his dream, he got what he want from life, and he did great things, his luck in that time wasn't there when the accident happened, but I feel sorry for his family, it's pretty hard to lose somebody we care about.

I appreciate what he did in his life and I congratulate him for what he accomplished so far, he was the ONLY one who was able to approach dangerous animals, the world learned from him a lot, and will always be a great legend who did miracles and good shows, never forgotten.
                          The Producer

Comment

• C L
                            General

• Jul 2006

Deepest sympathies to Austrailia, also Britain & Canada.....not a good day some fine men lost.

Comment

• kassi59
                              Major General

• Nov 2005

Actually Ez, what I heard this morning is that the barb went into his heart, and if he himself hadnt tried to pull it out then he may have made it. As with the stingrays barb its much like a fishhook and by pulling it out as with all weapons it creates more of a hazzard than the initial stabbing. But Im sure everyone knows that...hehe..
                              From what his colleuge had said that Steve just automatically reached to the barb and Yank....not good....
                              Spiders, I think NOT!...ick ewe...but you are right tho, tender and smooth is the way to go...I once woke to a spider resting in my eye. I naturally and calmly without opening my eyes, reached up and grabbed him and threw him on the floor. He didnt bite, just scurried off. I still have chills and 'willies' over that!....icky icky...

Comment

Working...
                              X