Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The famous crocodile hunter killed by a stingray - wow

On spiders...

It has been our experience that MOST spiders wont bite unless u disturb them. My wife Sheri plays with spiders all the time while we are working. We have but two deadly spiders here, the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow. I have only seen 1 Recluse and I smash every Widow I see. Black Widows like dark and damp places and the Brown Recluse likes dark dry places. Becareful going under your home for repairs and such.

The little Jumping spiders or Crab spiders and even the big hairy wolf spiders wont bother you unless you aggravate them, and then their bite isnt poisonous. We enjoy handling them and looking at their myriad of color combinations and patterns.

:o)
    brenT

Comment

Originally posted by Code-Burnt-Gemini
      On spiders...

It has been our experience that MOST spiders wont bite unless u disturb them. My wife Sheri plays with spiders all the time while we are working. We have but two deadly spiders here, the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow. I have only seen 1 Recluse and I smash every Widow I see. Black Widows like dark and damp places and the Brown Recluse likes dark dry places. Becareful going under your home for repairs and such.

The little Jumping spiders or Crab spiders and even the big hairy wolf spiders wont bother you unless you aggravate them, and then their bite isnt poisonous. We enjoy handling them and looking at their myriad of color combinations and patterns.

TMI!!!! shiver,shake,fear,shudder...ick...we have spiders but I ignore them they stay outta my way!...I find if you are right on top of cleaning their homes, they stay away!...works for me!...lol

Comment

On spiders...

I know that, what happened to me was a bit different, actualy, I didn't see th bite marks till 36 hours after being bitten, I had no idea that I was bitten, I was very very lucky that wasn't a deadly one, step by step I started to remember what happened, I was driving, with Dubai Traffic and dump drivers, you don't have to move your eyes away from others, soudainely, I felt like an electric shock in my leg, it was a bit painful, not that painful, but I felt something, I said that would be just a bad muscle movement, nerve or blood or something, few minutes later, I was feeling the air conditioning in my feet, and I was saying, that's weird, it never works from the bottom, never had an A/C in my car coming from that spot, apparently, the hairy spider was moving in my feet, but how could I realize that, how dump I was, but how it bitten me, because we know that spiders bite only when they feel danger and defend themselves, so maybe when I was moving my leg by changing speed or breaking, then defended itself and bitten me, I thank god to give a chance to see the morning light again.
        The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
          it's a tragedy, the big australian crocodile hunter steve irwin has been killed by a stingray. This man was untouchable, being around crocodiles didn't hurt him, look how surprises happen, who would think that a stingray would kill somebody like him.

Nature is mean. watch out guys, I just have been bitten by a spider 3 days ago, luckely, it wasn't a deadly one.
          This is too creepy....

Comment

Nite,

Yeah a spider in your clothing is about the only time most people get bitten. Thats how I have been bitten the most. The worst thing in our section of the usa is fire ants and yellow jackets ( yellow jacket is THE MEANEST bee around here ), fire ants cause millions of dollars worth of damage here every year. I think the most i have had is around 20 or so ... Sheri got six fire ant bites today. Nasty little buggers they are!
            brenT

Comment

Nite,

Yeah a spider in your clothing is about the only time most people get bitten. Thats how I have been bitten the most. The worst thing in our section of the usa is fire ants and yellow jackets ( yellow jacket is THE MEANEST bee around here ), fire ants cause millions of dollars worth of damage here every year. I think the most i have had is around 20 or so ... Sheri got six fire ant bites today. Nasty little buggers they are!
              Hope she's ok CBG, we don't have fire ants (or at least I don't think we do, I've never heard of them) but we have the yellow jackets.....I've been stung....smarts...ouch. Hey you in a race for the next rank? heee heee

Comment

Nite,

Holly ****, I know there is some ants very dangerous, but I don't know what they could do to human body, I hope sheri will be fine.

is that ant you are talking about deadly?
                The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                  Honnestly guys, we don't have to be sorry really for him, we should be happy as said brenT, he died living his dream, he got what he want from life, and he did great things, his luck in that time wasn't there when the accident happened, but I feel sorry for his family, it's pretty hard to lose somebody we care about.
                  I agree entirely.

Comment

On spiders...

Brents mate.. In Sydney there is a spider, which is the deadliest, that spider will attack even if not attscked... I **** you not, it will see you and it will chase you, no matter how big you are and no matter how big the **** in your hand.. It's called the Sydney Funnel web.. the funny thing is, my house in sydney was infested with them, but they lived under the house.. when I sold the house, I had by law to declare that which reduced the value of the house.

Also, I'd rather die than be bitten by a white tail spider.

Comment

Carlos,

Sorry about that I should have clarified that I was talking about spiders just in my area. I dont know about the rest of the world.

Night,

I guess if a person is allergic to the fire ant it could be deadly. The bad thing about a fire ant is that it is mean. Very aggressive. Their stink feels like a small burn, and it continues to burn and when you touch it, it burns more, then as it heals it itches, but again, when u touch it it feels just like you had been bitten again.

CL,

Sheri is fine. She is the toughest person I know. I have known her to get stung by Yellow Jackets multiple time and just keep right on working like nothing happened. I myself swell when I get stung. As far as the rank race goes, nah you have already sped past me. I'll be going slow and easy. Wobbling along with my cane. Slow, easy and sure. >>:o) Makes a winner EVERYtime. Ok I gonna hush now.
                      brenT

Comment

Like many "pioneers," the void created by our loss of Steve will likely never be filled, nor shall the the hearts of his family be fully comforted.

His incredible contributions to his fellow man becoming more intelligently aware of our precious wildlife will remain as inspiration for many generations (hopefully). It is truly amazing how globally recognized he became, and how he left his mark on so many of us.

THAT is the measure of his greatness, as will be our rememberances and willingness to care for the wild wonders he so lovingly taught us about....
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Carlos,

Sorry about that I should have clarified that I was talking about spiders just in my area. I dont know about the rest of the world.

Night,

I guess if a person is allergic to the fire ant it could be deadly. The bad thing about a fire ant is that it is mean. Very aggressive. Their stink feels like a small burn, and it continues to burn and when you touch it, it burns more, then as it heals it itches, but again, when u touch it it feels just like you had been bitten again.

CL,

Sheri is fine. She is the toughest person I know. I have known her to get stung by Yellow Jackets multiple time and just keep right on working like nothing happened. I myself swell when I get stung. As far as the rank race goes, nah you have already sped past me. I'll be going slow and easy. Wobbling along with my cane. Slow, easy and sure. >>:o) Makes a winner EVERYtime. Ok I gonna hush now.
                          Glad shes ok, Brent...you both are in great character...even if you are wobbly.

Comment

Working...
                          X