• Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Remembering 9/11

7:58 a.m. - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles,
    carrying 56 passengers, two pilots, and seven flight attendants. The
    Boeing 767 is hijacked after takeoff and diverted to New York.

7:59 a.m. - American Airlines Flight 11 departs Boston for Los
    Angeles, carrying 81 passengers, two pilots, and nine flight
    attendants. This Boeing 767 is also hijacked and diverted to New York.

8:01 a.m. - United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 carrying 38
    passengers, two pilots, and five flight attendants, leaves Newark, N.J.,
    for San Francisco.

8:10 a.m. - American Airlines Flight 77 departs Washington's
    Dulles International Airport for Los Angeles, carrying 58 passengers,
    two pilots, and four flight attendants. The Boeing 757 is hijacked
    after takeoff.

8:46 a.m. - American Flight 11 from Boston crashes into the North
    Tower at the World Trade Center.

9:03 a.m. - United Flight 175 from Boston crashes into the South
    Tower at the World Trade Center.

- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all New
    York area airports.

9:21 a.m. - Bridges and tunnels leading into New York City
    are closed.

9:25 a.m. - All domestic flights are grounded by U.S. Federal
    Aviation Administration.

9:45 a.m. - American Flight 77 crashes into The Pentagon.

10:05 a.m. - The South Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

10:05 a.m. - The White House is evacuated.

10:10 a.m. - A large section of one side of The Pentagon collapses.

10:10 a.m. - United Flight 93 crashes in a wooded area in
    Pennsylvania, after passengers confront hijackers.

10:28 a.m. - The North Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

.. and the America has changed ever since ..

Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com
  • kassi59
    Major General

• Nov 2005

Re: Remembering 9/11

Thank you Jeremy. Im thankful that Danny (my friend) decided to work in his Jersey office that day, althought he lives with the guilt of all his co-workers that went in as usual.
    I was at work that day and everyone knows me as always having a joke or something funny to say, and when I told them what I was listening to on the radio nobody believed me, they thought I was making some bad joke. Until the blood fell from my face and I was on the phone trying to call Danny and of course couldnt get thru, and then having to call other of his frieinds to try to find out what was going on and if he was ok. Took all of the day to comfirm that he was in fact at home and safe.
    One..... - many many tragic deaths.
    Sad.
    Its a day to reflect.

Comment

• allstarfaces
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

my heart goes out to all the victims familys on this very sad day god bless you all
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• Code-Burnt-Gemini
        Major

• Jul 2006

God Bless The families that have survived 9/11 when so many of their family members didnt come home.

Also I say WELL DONE to the passengers on flight 93! They fought for control! True patriots in my book!

May The Lord Bless Thee and Keep Thee, in Jesus's Name! Amen!
        brenT

Comment

• Girlonthehill
          General

• Oct 2005

Thoughts and prayers to survivors, the families and friends of those who died, the emergency services personnel and everyone whose lives this tragedy affected.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• C L
            General

• Jul 2006

I remember this morning, I was at work when I got the call, when I went home, I was glued to the tv, shocked, just shocked. A sad day for all.

Comment

• FPRob
              Colonel

• Aug 2006

I understand the implications of the event in question but to be honest, I am sick of hearing about it. If you want to think of something important... how about young black kids killing each other in South Central LA on a daily basis or... are shootings only important when its a middle class white kid in a school?

Sorry to be so blunt but I think we have all seen and felt the repercussions, we dont need to be reminded of how terrible it was.

FPRULES

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeremy
                .. and the America has changed ever since ..

http://www.september11news.com/
                The entire World has been forever changed....

Gone are childhoods without the omnipresent personal security awarenss, and a real feeling of a predicatble future.
                Gone are the inroads made in erasing racial strife, with racial "profiling" emerging as a valid exercise.
                Gone are the days a family could travel carefree and with a feeling of privilege, as if something wonderful and special were happening - now, it's an ordeal, and even questionable whether to travel together!
                Gone are a child's limitless musings and imaginations (save the very young), for the harsh realities of the world are broadcast in undisputable fashion.
                Etcetera, etcetera.

And so many more wonders and charms of yesterday.....the Earth itself is no longer as awesome and full of magic as it once was.
                Death and violence have superceded fancy and hope as entertainment and a means to accomplish.

There is MUCH to mourn for, and so much more to hold onto as cherished memories.
                Commemorations as this date serve to remind us to cherish each moment as precious, and to be as sincere as possible, treasuring the times we spend with those we love and who love us.

I am even thankful for our VodaHost Community, and for the promise and potential it serves to emulate in each one of us across the globe without restriction or regard to class, race, gender, or age.....our Spirit truly illuminated!

May all of my VodaPeers find a moment of peace as they reflect upon the day at hand, and celebrate with me the vibrancy of tomorrow's blessings!

"Forever Wave Over The Land the Free and The Home Of The Brave"
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Vasili
                  The entire World has been forever changed....

Gone are childhoods without the omnipresent personal security awarenss, and a real feeling of a predicatble future.
                  Gone are the inroads made in erasing racial strife, with racial "profiling" emerging as a valid exercise.
                  Gone are the days a family could travel carefree and with a feeling of privilege, as if something wonderful and special were happening - now, it's an ordeal, and even questionable whether to travel together!
                  Gone are a child's limitless musings and imaginations (save the very young), for the harsh realities of the world are broadcast in undisputable fashion.
                  Etcetera, etcetera.

And so many more wonders and charms of yesterday.....the Earth itself is no longer as awesome and full of magic as it once was.
                  Death and violence have superceded fancy and hope as entertainment and a means to accomplish.

There is MUCH to mourn for, and so much more to hold onto as cherished memories.
                  Commemorations as this date serve to remind us to cherish each moment as precious, and to be as sincere as possible, treasuring the times we spend with those we love and who love us.

I am even thankful for our VodaHost Community, and for the promise and potential it serves to emulate in each one of us across the globe without restriction or regard to class, race, gender, or age.....our Spirit truly illuminated!

May all of my VodaPeers find a moment of peace as they reflect upon the day at hand, and celebrate with me the vibrancy of tomorrow's blessings!

"Forever Wave Over The Land the Free and The Home Of The Brave"
                  Hear hear, Vasili. I will, my friend.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• allstarfaces
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by FPRob
                    I understand the implications of the event in question but to be honest, I am sick of hearing about it. If you want to think of something important... how about young black kids killing each other in South Central LA on a daily basis or... are shootings only important when its a middle class white kid in a school?

Sorry to be so blunt but I think we have all seen and felt the repercussions, we dont need to be reminded of how terrible it was.
                    without getting into some big heated political debate may i suggest you think carfully about your arguements you put forward like stop to think that those blacks (what about hispanics,whites,italians?) you refer to in l.a most of them are gang members and chose to take arms against each other on a daily basis those poor people in the towers and in the manchester and london and birmingham bombings chose to go about there bussines not hurting anyone so maybe just maybe thats partly why people have a bit more sympathy for them people and its also a very confusing and hard to understand situation that people feel the need to talk about to each other to may be in the vague hope understand why? one mans religeous beliefs can condone the taking of "innocent" lives
                    good day to you and please dont reply with a big arguement as i wont bite
                    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• racefan20
                      Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                      without getting into some big heated political debate may i suggest you think carfully about your arguements you put forward like stop to think that those blacks (what about hispanics,whites,italians?) you refer to in l.a most of them are gang members and chose to take arms against each other on a daily basis those poor people in the towers and in the manchester and london and birmingham bombings chose to go about there bussines not hurting anyone so maybe just maybe thats partly why people have a bit more sympathy for them people and its also a very confusing and hard to understand situation that people feel the need to talk about to each other to may be in the vague hope understand why? one mans religeous beliefs can condone the taking of "innocent" lives
                      Well said.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• FPRob
                        Colonel

• Aug 2006

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                        oh shut up :) you have taken my post very personally. Gang members or not, nothing is done to solve the problem, or the pverty that goes with it.

Here is a question, when was there last a post here for the victims of Pearl Harbour? Exactly, in 50 years nobody will talk about 9/11. Yes of course Im sad that it happened but it has happened and the entire world has felt the effect via the Iran and iraq war so.... Lets just let the governments carry on getting poeople killed on top of all those that died in this tragedy while the rest of us try to lead a normal life shall we?

Vasili I know.... blah blah blah, no political chat, this entire thread is political so dont even mention it.

FPRULES

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by FPRob
                          Vasili I know....
                          LOLOL
                          Geez, Rob!! You keep getting into it......doesn't it get old???
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• VodaHost
                            General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Rob if this was the military I would make you take some serious sensitivity training. Listen Up Mate...We all have our opinions, God know I have more than my fair share of them. And since we live in a semi free society we can express them as we please. Just because you can express your opinions openly does not always mean you should....You know very well that 9/11 is a very sensitive and emotional matter for some people, but for some reason you go against the grain on this issue.

Yes....you might think AB or C about it...But how about, showing a little bit of compassion (EMPATHY) for your fellow man “Who You Never Met” who may have lost someone or something in this horrible tragedy and let them grieve with a little dignity.

I could have easily deleted your comments or this entire thread, but I decided that it would be best if you read what I had to say.

A wise man once said....

"True Evil is the Lack of Empathy"

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• racefan20
                              Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by VodaHost

Rob if this was the military I would make you take some serious sensitivity training. Listen Up Mate...We all have our opinions, God know I have more than my fair share of them. And since we live in a semi free society we can express them as we please. Just because you can express your opinions openly does not always mean you should....You know very well that 9/11 is a very sensitive and emotional matter for some people, but for some reason you go against the grain on this issue.

Yes....you might think AB or C about it...But how about, showing a little bit of compassion (EMPATHY) for your fellow man “Who You Never Met” who may have lost someone or something in this horrible tragedy and let them grieve with a little dignity.

I could have easily deleted your comments or this entire thread, but I decided that it would be best if you read what I had to say.

A wise man once said....

"True Evil is the Lack of Empathy"
                              Salute!
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X