Our Place - Mk III - Drop in for a chat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Our Place - Mk III - Drop in for a chat!

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
    Hello i'am New here, you have a very nice shop here, i am note very good at this web thingee are there lots of people out there who can help me. sorry not making much sense had the keyboard upside down ops! . do have any demos or leaflets or something? i have many questions? like why is the sky blue. if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there. does it make a sound. i am sure that you kind people will help.
    ROFLMAO!!!

One of those nights, huh? LOL Hope you're okay bar from pulling your hair out by the fist full. LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
      Hello i'am New here, you have a very nice shop here, i am note very good at this web thingee are there lots of people out there who can help me. sorry not making much sense had the keyboard upside down ops! . do have any demos or leaflets or something? i have many questions? like why is the sky blue. if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there. does it make a sound. i am sure that you kind people will help.
      The only good thing about watching an Off-Worlder flirt so awkwardly is what he does with his gangly appendages.....hilarious!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Vasili
        The only good thing about watching an Off-Worlder flirt so awkwardly is what he does with his gangly appendages.....hilarious!
        LOL

Hello EV!! How's things?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Careful ladies....our Alien has families on 117 planets throughout the galaxy!

LOL

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Took the entire day off to do nothing. Am so 'depressed' that I feel like I have that complex about leaving the house....really weird. I really must follow through with taking back this 17" laptop.....all the pix come out so ****py that it will serve NO purpose in me having it. I suppose I can always plug in a larger monitor, but having clear accurate resolution to me is critical....especially for "webbing"

Beyond that, I have to make up my mind soon what to eat for dinner, or whether to venture forth from my cave for Thai food......

Comment

• Girlonthehill
              General

• Oct 2005

Took the entire day off to do nothing. Am so 'depressed' that I feel like I have that complex about leaving the house....really weird. I really must follow through with taking back this 17" laptop.....all the pix come out so ****py that it will serve NO purpose in me having it. I suppose I can always plug in a larger monitor, but having clear accurate resolution to me is critical....especially for "webbing"

Beyond that, I have to make up my mind soon what to eat for dinner, or whether to venture forth from my cave for Thai food......
              Oh deary me, EV. You are in a bad way. Take the laptop back. You paid a lot of money for it and it's not serving the purpose for which is was bought. And treat yourself to a Thai dinner. There you go - all sorted. LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

yes ma'am

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

yes ma'am
                  Group hug.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
                    General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                    Hi 'Wer, LOL, sorry I missed you. It was a busy evening for me being the first race in the NASCAR Chase. A very, very exciting one it was too! Had me jumping and shouting! LOL

Ooh, you get much, much more snow than we do. We used to get plenty of snow, but not anymore. Someone turned up the heat and we have quite mild winters now. I've been snowed in a few times (years ago) but never lost the power, thank goodness! Yeah, I remember snowball fights and building snowmen, great big ones that start off as a little ball of snow. LOL Great fun! If we do get a little snow, which is rare, there's barely enough to build a stick snowman and he'll only last an hour or so. The kids still love it though 'cause they've never seen big fat snowmen! LOL

Ahh, you paint! A lot of my family paint/ed (Grandfather, Aunt, Mother) in oils. I prefer watercolours but am not very good. LOL I can do a mean sunset but that's about it. You should take a photo and post it so we can see. :o))

Yeah, England does have a lot of historic places and they are pretty cool. I like castles and forts, too. My most favourite place is Stonehenge. I love that place. I traced my family history a few years ago. I only got as far back as 1707 but found that my ancestors all lived within a few of miles of Stonehenge. They were all farm workers. Many are buried in a little church graveyard in an village that was taken over by the army for the war effort. The villagers were told it was temporary but were conned and never allowed back. If I want to visit their graves I have to get permission from the Army 'cause it's a danger zone now where they practice blowing houses up and stuff. Very, very sad. Golly, don't I go on? LOL Allstar did warn you! LOL See ya soon.
                    Hi Flo, glad you had fun with the race, can't beat having fun.

You paint! That's awesome a mean sunset eh? I tried water colors, I painted a pheasant (I find water color bleeds on me) I like oils, but takes too long to dry, I do alot of tole, it's quicker and I can achieve the detail I like. Mountains are my favorite thing to paint, but I can't do this with tole, have to use oils.

I have one painting around here that I kept for myself, it's a winter scene of a barn near a clearing of woods. I will try to find it.

Your family history sounds interesting, sad about the graves....that doesn't seem right. I heard that you can not go up close to Stonehenge, is this true?

Must sees for me is the Tower of London-Tudor fascination, Warwick Castle-13th Earl/Joan of Arc-fascination, Charles Dicken's house and definately Madame Trussaud's...we have a small wax museum in Prince Edward Island, no comparison, I think.

Thanks for the chat, take care.......fellow artist?

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                      General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by C L
                      Hi Flo, glad you had fun with the race, can't beat having fun.

You paint! That's awesome a mean sunset eh? I tried water colors, I painted a pheasant (I find water color bleeds on me) I like oils, but takes too long to dry, I do alot of tole, it's quicker and I can achieve the detail I like. Mountains are my favorite thing to paint, but I can't do this with tole, have to use oils.

I have one painting around here that I kept for myself, it's a winter scene of a barn near a clearing of woods. I will try to find it.

Your family history sounds interesting, sad about the graves....that doesn't seem right. I heard that you can not go up close to Stonehenge, is this true?

Must sees for me is the Tower of London-Tudor fascination, Warwick Castle-13th Earl/Joan of Arc-fascination, Charles Dicken's house and definately Madame Trussaud's...we have a small wax museum in Prince Edward Island, no comparison, I think.

Thanks for the chat, take care.......fellow artist?
                      Hi 'Wer!

I had to google 'tole', I'd not heard of the word. I know now, though. That's a popular form of artistic expression on many of our canal barges, but it's mainly flowery stuff.

I hope you can find your painting, it's always nice to see other folks' work.

Tracing the family history was interesting but the family isn't, I can assure you! LOL Although the story of the forgotten villiage of Imber is very interesting. They used to open the church for one service a year but have even stopped that now, I believe. Ooh, apart from the fact that it led me to an unknown second cousin who flies for the Canadian AF Coastal Air Defence (or something like that) and lives in Nova Scotia!

Stonehenge - It was all fenced off for a while, but not any longer. The powers that be got paranoid about people touching the stones on occasions when great numbers of people congregate there (Solstice). Like they're gonna damage them? They've withheld 5000 years of weather and ceremonies of all descriptions, so a few hundred druids and the like aren't gonna do any harm.

Warwick Castle is fabulous! I loved it when I visited there a few years ago. Make sure you see it if you ever get over here, you won't regret it. As is Madame Tussaud's. Unbelievable - the work that goes into those waxworks. They are so uncannily realistic - it's creepy. That's right next door to the London Planetarium - the coolest place in London. LOL Well, for me it was. It clean took my breath away. I haven't seen the Tower or 48 Doughty Street. I hope you get a chance to visit one day and see all of the places on your list.

Catch ya soon!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The hug worked!

(now if I can find a way to aplogize to a certain someone in Florida for not calling all day Sunday, I might have a survivable week after all)

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                          General

• Oct 2005

The hug worked!

(now if I can find a way to aplogize to a certain someone in Florida for not calling all day Sunday, I might have a survivable week after all)
                          That is good to hear, my friend!

I'm sure you'll find a way, EV!

I hope you have a great week!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                            General

• Oct 2005

Good evening, Bill!

Good evening, CircusPet!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Hello Amanda, rather late over there isn't it?
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• C L
                                General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                                Hi 'Wer!

I had to google 'tole', I'd not heard of the word. I know now, though. That's a popular form of artistic expression on many of our canal barges, but it's mainly flowery stuff.

I hope you can find your painting, it's always nice to see other folks' work.

Tracing the family history was interesting but the family isn't, I can assure you! LOL Although the story of the forgotten villiage of Imber is very interesting. They used to open the church for one service a year but have even stopped that now, I believe. Ooh, apart from the fact that it led me to an unknown second cousin who flies for the Canadian AF Coastal Air Defence (or something like that) and lives in Nova Scotia!

Stonehenge - It was all fenced off for a while, but not any longer. The powers that be got paranoid about people touching the stones on occasions when great numbers of people congregate there (Solstice). Like they're gonna damage them? They've withheld 5000 years of weather and ceremonies of all descriptions, so a few hundred druids and the like aren't gonna do any harm.

Warwick Castle is fabulous! I loved it when I visited there a few years ago. Make sure you see it if you ever get over here, you won't regret it. As is Madame Tussaud's. Unbelievable - the work that goes into those waxworks. They are so uncannily realistic - it's creepy. That's right next door to the London Planetarium - the coolest place in London. LOL Well, for me it was. It clean took my breath away. I haven't seen the Tower or 48 Doughty Street. I hope you get a chance to visit one day and see all of the places on your list.

Catch ya soon!
                                Hi Flo, I know I can google Solstice, but thought I'd ask, what is that? Yes I've heard about the detail of Trussaud's, one of the largests too, isn't it?

I guess I could google the Planetarium too but I'd thought I'd ask you to tell me what is there?

48 Doughty Street is that Charles Dickens? A few years ago I researched alot of Britain, and things to see as I was going, but ran out of money, so I forget some of the names of things.

You are so lucky to live there (that's what I think)

I have searched for the painting, I am not finding it....but I will....one of the downfalls of being crafty/artsy is the collection of things I tend to keep because I can make something out of it. (I know you know what I mean)

I emailed my brother though, as I know I did a tole for him, he likes Looney Tunes (I tend to give everything away) asked him to take a picture for me. So I post it for you.

It's not the oil, but to show you my words are true, you can paint a wicked sunset with tole not just flowers Flo.....you should try. Not expensive either....you have to shellac your work though to preserve it or water will wash it away.

You have a relative in Nova Scotia......does he/she dress up for halloween? Let them know where to go if he/she does and to let me know who they are and I will give them a family discount. (that is what my family calls it)

I am glad we chat, and have similar interests, good to talk to yah Girl on the Hill aka Amanda aka Flo.

Big hug
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X