X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi Every1,

From the UK,

Obviously my very first post, and I hope to explore plenty of info of this forum and hope all goes well.

I started exploring on creating websites on search engine, and came across bluevoda which has attracted me to it, compared to the rest of the other sites.

I have absolutely no clue how to create a website of my own, which is why i have joined the forum, to read on forum member comments and hope to learn from it.

By reading the forum rules re: no help/advise given regarding webhosting, I would be so kind if anyone can point me in the right direction for such
    queries as I will be completely lost without it.

Thanks to all in advance.

Re: Introduction

Hi Bigg-Z,

Welcome to VH/BV. Hope you enjoy it like the rest of us and don't worry once you strt building your website you'll geteh hang of it. DO use the tutorials to really geta feel for BV and DO sign up for Voda Hosts great hosting package. You can only use the BV webuilder with VH.

IF you run into problems...the answer is probably on the forum and you cna do a search and if you still don't find it...give us a shout nd we'll come in like the calvary (but on time..hehe).

Turst me when I say most of us are not 'techie' people and BV makes it easy to builda website. I know cause I'm techie challenged....lol.

AGAIN A BIG WELCOME.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Bigg,
      First start with a plan, look over the tutorials and they will give you step by step info. Have fun too
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hello Bigg-Z

Welcome to the VodaHost community forum! Like I say, it's always nice too meet people here and do not be afraid to ask a stupid question, if you don't ask it, it won't be answered and you will have a big problem that you just can't figure out.

WELCOME
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi and welcome Bigg-Z, lots of help here.....but it's not me......but I say Hi anyway.....hee hee

Comment

Welcome to VodaLand, I'm sure you will find you can do a lot of creative work here.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey! Another brit. Welcome. Will be having VH-USA & VH-UK at this rate. You will get lots of help here.

Have fun.

Chris.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

G'day mate.

Comment

Welcome BiggZZ ... name reminds me of a burger they sell here at Zellers ... lol

As I have learned from my mistakes when building, as I chose not to read, oh my, there can be much to discover so you won't learn later and have to redo ... but hey, re-doing is fun too.

Just a couple things I would really really do is this.

1) really pay attention to what everyone on here says about page size. It's important ... Poor Linda on here has a permanent tilt to her head from teaching everyone about the sideways scroll on the page. Look for her posts, they are nice and pink. Keep your pages, at '800' width, this suits almost everyones resolution on their computer. Lock that size. Start at the left side and set your right side to 800 width ... important this can be found by right clicking and bring up page properties.

2) Each page should be uniform and start with a template, whether it be your own or one you chose from blue voda. This allows a quicker go through of your site, as when the user opens that first page, it loads in the cache and is there already for every other page. If you make this page and then save it as something and open this page each time for a new page, saving it again as the title of your new page. There may be something easier out there, which I have not read or yet learned.

3) Decide your map ... map out your site, you should be able to reach every page from every page .... meaning people will not get lost in your site.

4) If you need artwork, ask Jeremy, he makes free banners for your header, or at least he was, hee hee ....

5) your very first page must be titled index, and every other page you make can be called whatever you like, but the index page is the page that is defaulted from your website address.

6) you can have as many pages as you like, and be sure they all link together

7) when you make your navigation bar you can add "alt text" this text will appear instead of the website address, what I mean by this is this ... say you have a page called "Cooking" your alt text might say recipies, planners, menus, if this is what your page contained, these words would show up when the mouse is held over it instead of the website address, just a nicer touch ....

Disable the link on the button that relates to the page you are on, have the text say "You are on the cooking page" then people are not clicking a button (link) to the page you are already on

9) length of page is not important, can be any length, but if you start with a main template, making it long enough for any page you make, it's fine to have some open space on some pages

10) once you have made your page, check your page loading times, try and keep them between 14 and 20 on a isdn connection, nothing worse than a page that takes far too long for people to open, they tend to move on

11) and dont forget to post your site here for review where all the great people on this forum will give you their input, it's advice truly worthwhile, and everyone on here is ready to help, they are all in action and you will love blue voda for sure ...... "It's like the ketchup saying" Once you've tasted Blue Voda there is nothing better!!"

12) Thinking of adding music, there are plenty threads on here as to why you shouldn't, I was a music lover, but I chose to listen to the best and while I miss my music I truly believe I have instead satisfied 90% of the people without it ... :(

13) Good luck and I look forward to seeing your site ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadysEye,

I know this an old string but it's sort of related to my problem and popped up when I search for "adding extended text to a template". Sorry if I'm on the wrong string for this question.

I'm new at this web building and have learned a lot from this forum and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. This is great information in this reply on tips. But, I had a question regarding adding text to a template. Specially, long text. I downloaded a template that has both a header and footer, as well as some graphics on the left hand side.

When I extend the template tall enough to fit in the text I'm trying to insert, the entire template stays proportional with the height I'm making the template. This dramatically distorts the header and side graphics. Is there a way to make a tall template, but have the header stay the original size thus not distorting the graphics in the header?

Thanks,
                    rdcrowley

Comment

welcome to vodaland
                      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                      X