• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jer37
    Corporal

• Sep 2006

Phewwwww

I had a hard drive failure and lost a lot of info but I am slowly getting back to normal. If anybody knows of a good disk backup program I can use please let me know. I am going to buy a new hard drive and just copy my current drive (clone it) to it for a backup.

thanks

jer37
    http://sq5.cawg.cap.gov/

http://www.excellentpay.org/

• jer37
    Corporal

• Sep 2006

Re: Phewwwww

cool, I see I just went from private first class to corporal.

Comment

• FPRob
      Colonel

• Aug 2006

If you have a DVD or CD writer in your PC then software must have come with it. Rather than making a music CD, just select data CD and add the folders that you would like to back up.

;)

FPRULES

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by jer37
        I am going to buy a new hard drive and just copy my current drive (clone it) to it for a backup.
        That's the kind of self-suggested solution thinkset we appreciate, Corporal!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Jeremy
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

This is why you should copy all of your files to an external drive, floppy disk, memory stick or cd and so forth every month...
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
            Major

• Jul 2006

You can get a very large ext. drive now with a USB connection. cheap.
            It would be a great idea to get one and put BV, images, docs etc,
            on it . That's where I'm headed.
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Been using a Western Digital 180gb external drive as my primary drive for over a year now, all because I got wiped out prior, and installing a new HD onto the desktop (that was a task) was really no solution at all.

I have a collection of sticks (all color coded and labelled) to mantain mobility of my work, and have not had a problem since. It's also a "plus" when travelling to no longer have to lug around a laptop: even for communications, I can plug into a ***, one of my 3 far-out cell phones, associate's computers, and even hotel Business Centers.....

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                Been using a Western Digital 180gb external drive as my primary drive for over a year now, all because I got wiped out prior, and installing a new HD onto the desktop (that was a task) was really no solution at all.

I have a collection of sticks (all color coded and labelled) to mantain mobility of my work, and have not had a problem since. It's also a "plus" when travelling to no longer have to lug around a laptop: even for communications, I can plug into a ***, one of my 3 far-out cell phones, associate's computers, and even hotel Business Centers.....
                <got timed out >

PS: As a VodaHost customer with multiple accounts (some with very little space actually used for "hosting"), I take full advantage of being able to "archive online" my entire system, and thus am able to tap into everything from wherever in the world I may be. Not only do I have a greater freedom this way, but I need not pay an outside source for what is already mine, and it has already proven priceless on more than one occasion, especially for the files too big for CD or sticks!!!

Comment

• jer37
                  Corporal

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vasili

I just bought a second drive and it is a Western Digital. It has replaced a Maxtor that I was using for backup. The primary Maxtor hic-cupped and the secondary backup failed. I hope I have better luck with Western Digital. The Maxtor that failed was of course out of warranty.The memory sticks are a real blessing, I have one and plan on getting some more. Your system sounds great and well organized.

jer37

Comment

Working...
                  X