X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For Hockey Fans - Those That Like the Fights

Originally posted by Dayjack
    Hey, Lady Eye:
    The loading speed of the video is not all your fault. It has to do with the connection speed of the viewer's machine,(dial-up,DSL, etc.) I use Broadband and there was no hesitation for loading your video.
    There are two ways to stream video. Normal which has the viewer's machine download the entire clip before viewing or Progressive which plays as it downloads (this is much faster). If you can, convert a clip to Flash progressive to test the difference. YouTube compresses video to lower rez so everyone can view it, no matter their connection speed.

Awesome Dayjack .... nice to hear those two things, 1) no hesitation loading for you and 2) It's not my fault ... lol ... that's the best one .. hee hee ....

Have never done what you are referring to, I have AVS Video converter, will that do what you are referring to? I just got it, have only converted a couple over from .mov format ... I am a rookie, lol, but I really really like the way yours look, thanks for the tips ... I'll try to do better :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady Eye:
      That converter looks pretty handy. It gives you the option of all the conventional formats. When you get to the actual resolution numbers and download speeds, it looks as if you have good choices. But all I looked at was a tutorial so it wasn't real specific. I have a feeling this program is mostly for people who want to convert to handheld devices because the bit rates are pretty low. The window sizes looked pretty small also from what I got.
      Do a test>
      Take a ten second clip and produce an wmv. in 100% rez, then another one lower, etc. Compare them and toss the ones that are unacceptable. Then place them on blank pages in Voda and publish. View them in the browser and pick the one you like. If they are too small or too low rez, it's back to square one.
      My movies which you were so gracious about are what is called large: 480 by 340 widescreen. The data rate is about 750. The loss in rez is not noticeable at this rate. Actually, there is very little loss until you get down to about 450 with this size screen.

Comment

Dayjack thank you very much for sharing your expertise with me ... I shall try what you suggested and go from there .... my videos are just taken with my digital camera, in hockey arenas, so I am not sure I would ever get your quality anyway .... sounds like another venture ...

Thank you again for sharing!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Different rez for a different purpose is all. I believe dig. cameras are set to mpeg4. I use mine for where they will not allow vid cams. If you keep the clips down to 10 or 15 secs. you can quick e-mail them for fun.
          You are up, way too late.

Comment

Different rez for a different purpose is all. I believe dig. cameras are set to mpeg4. I use mine for where they will not allow vid cams. If you keep the clips down to 10 or 15 secs. you can quick e-mail them for fun.
            You are up, way too late.

lol dj .... in this part of the world it is just 1:00 pm .... that's not too late ...

I do try and keep them down to, well around that, but I am usually capturing the players in fistacuffs and really can't control their length, lol, not that I would even want to try, oh well, yeah maybe, lol, but I try and keep it simple at the game, snapping pics, and quickly switching to video when a "game match" breaks out .... I use a kodak dx7590 ... simple camera to use, pretty good pics, does the job, it's a volunteer job, same with the site, all volunteer, but it's good exposure for the players who may want to further their hockey .... it helps them all, scouts come a looking at pics, videos, etc. from everywhere .. and the families who are not near, get to see their sons play hockey through the eye of my camera ... so it's a good thing ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That is a good thing. Very noble. I bet people don't realize how much time and effort it takes, especially when it's so cold in those places.

On that same note, I may need some input from you later. Coincidentally, I am negotiating right now with the local semi-pro hockey team to do some video pieces for them. Top player interview/action pieces to put on their website. And I don't know spit about hockey.

1 am is way too late for me, night owl. I am hitting the bed.

Comment

That is a good thing. Very noble. I bet people don't realize how much time and effort it takes, especially when it's so cold in those places.

On that same note, I may need some input from you later. Coincidentally, I am negotiating right now with the local semi-pro hockey team to do some video pieces for them. Top player interview/action pieces to put on their website. And I don't know spit about hockey.

1 am is way too late for me, night owl. I am hitting the bed.
                DJ .... I can point you in the right direction to stay awake this time of night, you need only to see Bill ... his fine blends of teas will surely turn you into a "Night Owl" lol

But yes, yes, will be glad to help and can possibly find you some leads too .... Canadian for sure and then of course D1, 2 & 3 in the USA ... etc., and alot of elite groups too .... just ask, will be my pleasure!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X