X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Many of us have avatars in our profiles, I think this is really nice. I especially like the photo avatars, I truly enjoy seeing who I am talking to. I am sure many of you feel the same, I think it would be very nice if the members did not use photo avatars started using them.

There is no obligation, demand or request to use a photo avatar, please feel free to continue to use the avatar that you feel most comfortable with...But I just thought I would express my point of view...feel free to ignore it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

• kassi59
    Major General

• Nov 2005

Re: Avatars Opinion

Im in complete agreement! I enjoy seeing the actual person Im speaking to, it makes it much more a comfort.

so with that said:

I DOUBLEDOG DARE YA!....

Comment

• limebrook1
      Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

I agree totally! We have all made a lot of friend on this forum and it is really nice to have a picture in mind when we talk!

Double dare you all too!!
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

I obviously like the idea to. But...it is very difficult to take that first step. I know I went back and forth. I think Amanda and I posted our pictures about the same time. So even though I agree, I think we all understand that for some people and being on a forum where no one really knows you, it would give up their atonomy (sp?).
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Maybe just a U in there Cindy ..... lol

hmmm .... well for one, I wouldn't want to scare you ... and for two, I promised Vasili I would caff up for Halloween .... lol ... then that way it could be "Fright Night" lmao .....

and for three .... the last time I posted my pic on a very well established, thousands of visitors an hour forum, the forum shut down, everyone ran, the forum was Over .... just like that .....

so wouldn't want that to happen here now would we .....

hee hee .....

just joking, but was a good one wasn't it ..... :)

May consider .... running out for a hockey game in a few minutes now, we shall see what tonight or tomorrow brings ....

VodaHost, would make it a quicker decision if there was a "Treat" offered for doing so .... huh huh .... :) :) :) :) :) I love Treats!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I agree on this type of forum that the pictures really do help. I think I was one of the first here to add one - but hope to see many more of you do so. And I think it's time to update mine - will have to get a pic from this summer and resize it!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Changed my avatar - now when I get my hair cut this week, I'll look more like the other one again :)
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• sparrow
                Master Sergeant

• Oct 2005

I am glad I saw this post!

My log in name is sparrow, but I have a picture of a baby duck or chick. I have been wanting to get this changed.

How do I do this?

thanks,

dee

Also, when I signed up I did sign up as sparrow, but I really do prefer deemajic. Is there a way to change my log in name without loosing track of my postings and all that? If that can't change, I can still be a sparrow, but I really would like to change the duck pic.

dee
                Digital Visual Memories
                Lasting Presentations
                MomsWeek

Comment

• limebrook1
                  Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by Bethers
                  Changed my avatar - now when I get my hair cut this week, I'll look more like the other one again :)
                  You're always grinning whatever your hair Bethers - it makes me picture you as a fun happy person!

Look forward to seeing your avatar changing whenever you get a new hair style!!
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• limebrook1
                    Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by sparrow
                    I am glad I saw this post!

My log in name is sparrow, but I have a picture of a baby duck or chick. I have been wanting to get this changed.

How do I do this?

thanks,

dee

Also, when I signed up I did sign up as sparrow, but I really do prefer deemajic. Is there a way to change my log in name without loosing track of my postings and all that? If that can't change, I can still be a sparrow, but I really would like to change the duck pic.

dee
                    Go to the UserCP, and choose the edit avatar option. You can then load up a picture of yourself. Make sure it is only 100 x 100 though at maximum otherwise you won't be able to do it.
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• Astraltraveller
                      General

• Jul 2006

I agree it's good to see who are we chatting to, but sometimes it's fun to make people wonnnnnddddeeeerrrrr what does this guy or girl looks like....LOL
                      Keep watching I may be changing mine soon and show some face to the name........I wonder LOL.

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
                      Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
                      www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

• Aliens Anonymous
                        Special Status

• Jan 2006

I'm in makes a change

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Like how the dark side of the moon turns you green - is fitting cuz the cheese is pretty old :)
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Geez, Garry! It's sure a different look than back in July when this same topic was raised! Space travel has colored your appearance, shall we say....

Remember it was this very topic that inspired me to change my avatar from the "Handshake Monitor" to a series of pix, which further inspired FPRob to create a whole new thread to celebrate my ever-changing looks? My, how time flies when you're having fun...

I too, agree, that having a personal avatar is extremely beneficial in a Forum Community such as this, for many reasons. This is not to say that a graphical avatar is less than ideal, for they too present a personal expression for those who come to be identified with it. Each serves important functions, and some primary reasons are easy to "word-up" (of course, another "novellette" from Vasili, huh?) LOL No...I'll keep it very short!

The first (in my mind) is that it puts a face behind the posts that may othrwise seem technologically intimidating to newcomers, and lets them know that real people really are trying to contribute in their successful use of the technology that fills VodaLand.

And secondly (and personally more importantly), putting my picture up in a global community that represents the what I know to be the World's Finest Online Opportunity is something that I do both humbly and with a sense of great pride at the same time. VodaHost has made Blue Voda the standard for self-designed websites, and represents the epitome of what can be accomplished when the creativity of the individual is not only validated but empowered: and it is not limited to web building either. many of the skills, affirmations, and sparks of hope and accomplishment spill over into other areas of everday life for countless thousands across the globe. This is no small feat, nor is it a positive influence that is easy to ignore either!! My decision to "Partner" with VodaHost was based on so much more than hosting or the prices for available features.....to me and my Enterprise Group, relationships are the very foundation to tomorrow.....

When you put the gamemanship of anonymity and privacy aside, I cannot think of one reason anyone should feel they could not present an avatar for their peers to enjoy and look forward to seeing as they journey together to an unlimited horizon of inspirtation and personal online fulfillment!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

I'll keep my cigar.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com