Repeat this! -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat this! -

A husband read an article to his wife about how many words women use a day...
    30,000 to a man's 15,000.
    The wife replied, "The reason has to be because we have to repeat everything to men...
    The husband then turned to his wife and asked, "What?"

Re: Repeat this! -

LOL this is so true.....I'm hard of hearing, but I have to repeat more to my hubby than he does to me. I think it's called "selective listening". haha
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Did you know Cindy that I learned about selective hearing by a Doctor. He tested my hearing for just that reason. My mom had always said I had that...lol...
      Well to make a long story longer.. What my issue was my sinuses. minor alergies that Im not bothered by, dust, cat dander, and the such, will not be obvious in the usual way,sneezing etc, but what happens is that my sinuses compound my ear canal and create a temperary hearing block!..lol..
      OH YEA...I said will you put that in writing?.....I couldnt wait to show my mom!....lol
      So you see there really is such thing as being able to hear sometimes and not others....It can be as quick as a minute too!...just depends on when the liquid clears up.
      hehe...use that one..I know I do...lol

Comment

Kate! It's the pits not being able to hear. I have had over 5 surgeries on both my ears. I've had problems since I was an infant. I have hearing aids, but for the most part, I can hear most things without them, so I don't wear them much. In my case, the fluid in the middle ear detoriated all the little bones in there, to the point there was nothing left. So now I have a titatium tube that connects to the ear drum to help conduct the hearing through the canal. I have also had a mastoidectamy (sp? again..I can't spell worth a toot!). I had a cyst growing up into my brain and they had to remove it and some bone matter by going in behind the ear. So behind my right ear is caved in a bit. So much fun!! No more. If my hearing goes out again, I may try one of those baja's. They implant this thing in the bone behind your ear (kind of like a frankenstein thing) and you attach a hearing aid to that, so that you can hear through the bone.

Ok, ok....I know you guys didn't want to hear all of this...But back to selective hearing. If I want to hear everything I put in my hearing aids...if I don't want to hear, then I don't wear them. By selective hearing, it's my choice to hear you or not. My hubby does this without aids. lol and he has perfect hearing!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

OH wow Cindy I had no clue!...
          I have heard of those implants where they vibrate the drum so enhance the hearing? Im not quite sure the exact nature of it, but I think Ive heard of something like that...
          lol....hubby needs aids!...lol that way when he doesnt want to listen you can crank them up!...lol

Comment

Working...
          X