• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kassi59
    Major General

• Nov 2005

Natalie MacMaster

Has anyone ever heard of her? I went to one of her shows here in Vermont and I thought she was so amazing!...

Natalie MacMaster Releases Her 10th album "Yours Truly"

Recorded in Halifax, Kingston, Toronto and Calgary, "Yours Truly" is Natalie's 10th release, co-produced with husband Donnell Leahy. The album finds Natalie continuing to ingeniously incorporate new sounds and concepts into her rich Cape Breton musical heritage.

Featuring a mix of traditional and contemporary numbers as well as several originals, including a rendition of "Danny Boy" sung by Doobie Brother Michael McDonald and "Farewell To Peter," which MacMaster wrote to pay her respects to her friend, the late Canadian newsman, Peter Jennings. The traditional medley features Natalie's aunt Betty Lou Beaton on piano.

It also prominently features members of her dynamic road band alongside such acoustic music luminaries as Rushad Eggleston (cello), Jens Krüger (banjo), and Natalie Haas (cello), Yours Truly boasts a wide-range of evocative originals and timeless traditional numbers

Visit the Recordings page at
    www.nataliemacmaster.com for track listing, sound clips and to purchase the album securely online.

Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy Proudly Present:

Cape Breton Live On Tour

Cape Breton Live began as a weekly internet broadcast featuring authentic Cape Breton performances, lifestyle, and culture. The weekly show includes unique live performances from Cape Breton house parties, dance halls, pubs, bars and theatres featuring a variety of the Island’s most well known and up and coming musicians.

Now the show is hitting the road this November. Cape Breton Live ON TOUR is a "kitchen party on stage". Picture this… Archie MacDougall’s quiet evening erupts into a full scale party when neighbours, relatives, friends and stragglers causally "drop in". The show features fiddlers, dancers, singers, guitarists, pianists and of course, culture, folklore, and humour direct from Cape Breton Island. Featuring well known and up and coming musicians such as Andrea Beaton, Glenn Graham, Troy MacGillivray, Buddy MacDonald, Howie MacDonald and Kate Quinn... and like any good Cape Breton party, you never know who might drop in...

Experience a tradition alive and vibrant with an energy and pulse that reaches right into your soul and stays there long after the music is over.
    You won't want to miss this energetic and unforgettable show...

Visit www.capebretonlive.com/tour for tour dates and ticket info, artist bios and more...

• LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Natalie MacMaster

Hi Kate ...

Well of course I do, she is from our "humble abode" Nova Scotia, which is divided (sort of) into two parts, the "Mainland" and the "Island"

Natalie born in a small town called Troy ... is just a few miles on the left side of cape breton island (the image on the map that looks like the number 6) The mainland is the number 7 and the island is the number 6.
    There is a causeway, known as the canso causeway, (a common joke is you need a passport to get into cape breton) lol but just a few miles from the causeway is the town of Troy.

Ever hear of Rita McNeil ... she too is from Cape Breton, Big Pond, (you will see that listed on the island, 1/3 or so of the way in and on the right) and may be a spot Bill would enjoy as in her home town she has a "Tea Room" called "Rita's Tea Room" and she has her own specialty tea.

Kitchen Parties yeah ..... popular in these areas, lol

Many of tv shows of celebrities from our area used to actually be aired from the kitchen ... lol .... and now we have the "Trailer Park Boys" .... lol ... have you ever heard of them? I see them making their shows all of the time, and see them here and there ....

I live on the mainland where you will notice Halifax & Dartmouth - the town of Troy is about 3 hours drive from me .... Cape Breton is full of beautiful mountains, etc., which I believe Kate, you can well relate to ...

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• kassi59
      Major General

• Nov 2005

I first listened to her story and yes, sounds like you wrote it...lol...It just flung me back to when I was young and the family would get together and have a huge dinner then to retire to the sitting room where my uncle and others would bring out the fiddle and my aunt would chord on the piano..and we would all have a fantastic evening! I miss those days...

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Well Kate, I invite you to "my kitchen" anytime, lol and there will be a doggie at your feet, lol .... oh my, my dog has such a foot fetish, she could sit on your feet or have you rub your feet over her 24 hrs a day 7 days a week ....

yes, certainly good times and more to be had, it's also very nice outside with a fire going and lots of local talent, ha ha, talent, or wannabees, lol .... there are some very beautiful and fairly secluded beaches in cape breton as well, peaceful, tranquil, picturesque, well if you like all that, and I think you do. Plenty fiddles in cape breton and you can actually even pick fiddle heads in the spring time ... lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• kassi59
          Major General

• Nov 2005

Sounds absolutely like heaven!....

Comment

• C L
            General

• Jul 2006

I love Natalie, there's Ashley MacIssaac too....badboy of the fiddle.

Comment

• bill2006
              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

That Rita has good taste, a singer with an irish twang an a tea room. Not bad at'll eh.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• kassi59
                Major General

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by C L
                I love Natalie, there's Ashley MacIssaac too....badboy of the fiddle.
                I saw Natalie once in Vermont and she was just wonderful! I had emailed 'her' afterwards to say how much I enjoyed the concert and her mom emailed me back..how cool is that...they are still 'local'...lol...gotta love it!..they just ram on those fiddles, its very difficult to stay in your seat..unfortunately she played at the opera house and it was sitting room only, and that didnt make it fun for anyone!...lol

Comment

Working...
                X