• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyelinARTS
    Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Introduction from Arizona!:)

Greetings everyone!

Just thought I would introduce myself and see if there is any other local folks nearby us, too!

I am a single mother with two disabled toddlers living in Tucson, Arizona. I have mediocre computer skills, but am trying to design my own website to support my children while staying at home with them.

My son, age 4, has a very rare genetic disorder and is fated to die of morbid obesity or related complications. He requires vigilant 24/7 care. He has also been diagnosed with autism. My daughter was thought to have cerebral palsy at birth but has outgrown those tendencies. She has sensory integration dysfunction and possibly Asperger's syndrome, but at age 3, it is still difficult to get an accurate diagnosis just yet.

I am trained in advanced medical massage and skincare. I am nationally certified. I studied fine arts in college and majored in painting and printmaking with a minor in small business management. I also have an associates degree in graphic design. I use all my training and combine my skills where needed to freelance and create an income while attempting to home-school my children.

I would be very interested in meeting others with special needs children or anyone that home-schools to share ideas/information with. We are also a very healthy family and eat mostly organic and raw foods. So any health nuts into dehydrating foods, raw recipes, holistic healing therapies, etc., please feel free to introduce yourself!

Thanks for reading my introduction and I hope to get to know some of you through this forum.

I wish you all great peace, health and happiness.

Sincerely, Skye Lin
    skye lin ARTS
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: Introduction from Arizona!:)

Hi Skye Lin and welcome to the forum. Wow,you certainly have a full plate don't you! God Bless you and your children. I know they mean the world to you. I'm not to far from you, up in Colorado Springs, CO. I do have 3 sons, ages 27, 22 and 8. I have been blessed with very healthy children (2 young adults now) and cannot even begin to understand what you must be going through. I don't home school, although I wish I had sometimes. I also am not in to organic foods, so I'm afraid I don't have much in common in that area!

But I do wish you well and will keep you and your children in my prayers for healing of body and strength of the spirit! God bless you!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• skyelinARTS
      Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Thanks for your reply, Dream Lady... I am actually looking into Colorado for medical care and Fort Collins/Denver areas in particular. Any information you might have on those areas would be interesting.

I do love my children more than anything! :) In my eyes they are perfect and I love being their mother. Challenges for us are mostly in juggling the finances and the medical interventions. Our daily home lives are wonderful and we are a very close family.

Even though I am interested in the arts and healthy foods, I am not limited by any means into sharing with others who have different lifestyles. I just posted my initial thoughts to give everyone a chance to sort of identify us a bit...But PLEASE know that we are a creative, out-of-the-box family and totally love all sorts of people, ideas and experiences.

Thanks for getting acquainted! Skye Lin
      skye lin ARTS

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

I'll keep my eyes and ears open up here. Are you talking about medical care for your son and daughter or as a profession? I assume you are working on building a website? Is it design/graphic related?
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Welcome to VodaLand, Skie!
          This is certainly the place for your online vision to transform itself into an internet reality. The potential for profitability is limited only by the bounds of your creativity and desire. The tools and technologies that are available from VodaHost allow you to define your future with coinfidence and satisfaction.

I used to teach Elementary Autism in Chicago back in the early '80s before getting burned by the administration (who played clever games to generate more money via mis-classification of students: they classified 1/2 my class as CP to keep the physical therapist busy an extra day in the week, meaning I didn't get the supplies I so desperately needed) and the overall malaise of the disheartened parents. I keep tabs on the state of affairs even today, and and still waiting for some funded group to zero in on brain function at the cellualr/molecular level and the relation to memory establishment/enhancement.

Aspergers is no cakewalk either.....you have my understanding empathy and support whenever you need it. Your resolute and dignified motherly care instantly earns my real respect, and is sure to be the essential element for the bettering of your children's quality of life! God Bless you, truly!

Looking forward to working with you on your dreams.....we are all here to help!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• kassi59
            Major General

• Nov 2005

Welcome Skye Lin! Hope you enjoy being here in Vodaland!

Comment

• LadyEye
              General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Welcome SkyeLin ... you're doing great and I am sure your site will too!! Have fun building and remember we are all here to help!!

Canadian Eh!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Astraltraveller
                General

• Jul 2006

Welcome SkyeLin to vodaland enjoy and have fun...

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
                Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
                www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

• ez-ez
                  Special Status

• Mar 2006

G'day SkyeLin.. this bunch here are Bush Fire Fighters... all they need is a little hollar and they'll be around to help.

Welcome.

Comment

• Bethers
                    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Welcome Skye Lin,

I have a very good friend near Ft Collins - Ft Collins, CO and Cheyenne, WY are one of my very favorite areas. If you head to the Ft. Collins area, I'll get you in touch with them.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• C L
                      General

• Jul 2006

Greetings to you Skye Lin, welcome to VH, all the best to you and your family.

Comment

• jmellady@socal.rr.com
                        Private

• Nov 2006

Does anyone know how to install Soholaunch? I just signed up and I can't find the link to install it on my computer.

Comment

• Bethers
                          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Please do not steal a thread - go to the Soho section of the forum or to the tutorials for all the general info.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• asirimarco
                            Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Hi Skye Lin - we are in las vegas, just went through your area 2 weeks ago - i love the desert - enjoy your time working in BV and just roll with the flow - everyone is here to help
                            ann
                            Ann
                            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Welcome to VodaLand, where all is possible.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X