• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklight
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

What a day! Grrr

Started off the day with the computer running totally fine, then all of a sudden, it switched off - Like having a power cut, which is what I thought we had. So didnt think anything of it and turned it back on. So I thought that I better start creating backups onto an external hard drive just in case something is wrong. Was just sorting what needed to be re-saved, when it happened again. This time, it didnt turn back on. Yeah, safe to say I had tears in my eyes at this point lol. Scared like hell thinking it was the hard drive. I opened the tower, grabbed the hard drive and went down to pc world to ask if they could check it for me. They did and it was fine (Thank God!!) so I ended up having to buy another power supply box thing costing me £54.99 *is now broke*. Came home, connected it turned it on and it worked :D Yeah, everything is also backed up on my external hard drive lol. If you have managed to read through this then wicked lol.

Regards
    Teri!
  • limebrook1
    Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Re: What a day! Grrr

Been there and know how you feel! Mine was a dodgy wire, and luckily we found it just before I was about to ship it back to the manufacturers. They had told me they could fix it, but everything would be lost!

My sympathies, friend! Glad it all worked out ok!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• C L
      General

• Jul 2006

Happy for you, that it's cool now.

Comment

• allstarfaces
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

lmao i have also been there and back scary stuff lol i still get times when i shut off on its own but its a overheatin thing and i just kick it call i t names then pull plug out plug back in then open widow and its fine lol

oh wt a life we lead
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• asirimarco
          Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

truely scarey feeling - backup, backup, backup! (will do it now.)
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Dream Lady
            Major General

• Feb 2006

That is scary! I'm lucky in that my hubby is a computer consult/techie, so we have all the power supplys we need and since he works out of our house, I have a built in computer nerd!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• bill2006
              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Because of the heat generated by so many components inside the box, an auxiliary fan is a good idea. You can get them at almost any computer store for about $10.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Yes, I too have had this happen, and was also advised, (whether this to be true or not) that yes it is a simple matter to correct this at this time (well still a tad costly though), and while you do not lose anything this time, it really is a tell time sign that your hard drive is going to corrupt in the near future .... so yeah, just another sign perhaps that more is coming at a later date ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• darklight
                  Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                  Yes, I too have had this happen, and was also advised, (whether this to be true or not) that yes it is a simple matter to correct this at this time (well still a tad costly though), and while you do not lose anything this time, it really is a tell time sign that your hard drive is going to corrupt in the near future .... so yeah, just another sign perhaps that more is coming at a later date ....
                  Really?! I was worried about the had drive because its a Maxtor... I know a few people that had them and they blew. But Daily backups me thinks! I have 3 external hard drives, 3 USB sticks and a laptop so I dont think backups will be a problem! lol. Its just more the hassel of doing it! Either that or I lose everything so yeah! lol. Ah yes what a bloody computer filled life we all lead. Without a computer I am totally lost!

Teri

Comment

Working...
                  X