Sinterklaas party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinterklaas party

In Holland and Belgium (Vlaanderen, Dutch speaking part of the country) it's a tradition to give presents not with christmas but with Sinterklaas. For little children the fest. is almost like Santa Claus in the anglo saxon world. Only Sinterklaas has a lot of Pieten for help. (black men dressed in specific clothes who deliver the presents through chemneys. The fest has a lot of specific Dutch pastry like speculaas and Taai Taai all flavoured with nice spices. For the adults the festival is different, you make a wish list and put your name on it and then you swap the lists in groups of friends or family. You will have to make a suprise and make a hilaric, sarcastic poem for your friend/ familymember. The fest is always on 5 December as it's the birthday of Sinterklaas.

http://www.sinterklaas.nl/
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Re: Sinterklaas party

Sounds like alot of fun ......... thanks for sharing ... just might make one of those poems on the 5th anyway .... hee hee .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wow, those pastries sound yummy! It is funny you mention this, as I have a customer from Holland and just this past weekend he has rented a shakespeare type costume, last name Senz.

Comment

Well the shakesparean costumes may look a little bit like the uniforms for the Piets. His last name is not a Dutch name may be a Frysian name (Province of the Netherlands with a different language (as we like so many languages in Europe !)

Comment

The costume he rented was like this one (man's) only in black and silver, he rents it every year at this time. Perhaps a coincidence?
          Attached Files

Comment

No I don't think so if you dress in this costume and paint your face black, at a back with pepernoten (little pastry with speculaas spices (cinamon, pepper, ginger etc) you look like a black pete. See also http://www.pietendorp.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by nlnieu16
              No I don't think so if you dress in this costume and paint your face black, at a back with pepernoten (little pastry with speculaas spices (cinamon, pepper, ginger etc) you look like a black pete. See also http://www.pietendorp.nl/

Thanks for the learning, the pastries still sound yummy.

Comment

Well at the moment eating them for two weeks (they were everywhere) I don't like them anymore. Got to work out to lose some kilo from the candies.

Comment

lol nlnieu.....you must of ate quite a bit....to be sick of them, I suppose it was your duty to do so ... its a tough job.

Comment

Yes it is a specially the work out after !

Comment

Yep, the workout after, agree....now we have to move on to something more important......lol.......just kidding......need a favor from you nlnieu....need you to join the alienclub, that way I won't be a pig anymore.....so all you have to do is post your pic in the aliencamp thread, and they do the rest....it's a simple operation....day surgery....doesn't hurt....ok pal? lol

Comment

Wow..i like this tradition. Thanks for sharing nlnieu. ALso late from me but Welcome to Vodaland and I hope you will join and become a part of the Vodaliens Party. We would love to have you on board.

(Ok and it'sa plea to get me and CL and our piggy butts out of trouble...pretty please and thanks).
                        Beezz
                        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X