• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Safety First

This following video is not spam - it is vitally important.
    In Huntsville, AL just a couple weeks ago - this crime, you're about to witness happened more than once at the same gas station - that was reported. Who knows how many more times it goes unreported. But it's been in our news more and more!

This video gives an excellent movie of it actually happening- and how easy we make it for the thieves.

Please watch:

http://www.sheriff.org/videos/psa_cartheft.html

Let's all be safer and not make it so easy for the thieves.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: Safety First

good grief. How scary is that?
    thanks, Beth
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
      Major

• Jul 2006

Thanks Beth, I'm forwarding that one around to all my friends.
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Sad but true ... I am pretty good at this stuff .. I keep safety in mind ... My door is always locked, my friends laugh, but I keep them locked, always, day & night .... I had always wanted a convertible, about 6 years or so ago I bought one, well guess what, I had it less than a month. I could not enjoy it, I felt naked on the street, I felt as though anyone could jump in my car at any time ... had to sell it ... I drive with my doors locked, both sides ... I rarely visit an atm machine at night and if I do, it's at a drive thru, not that these things don't happen in the daylight either.
        Phobia ... I think not, safety first!! I agree!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• C L
          General

• Jul 2006

Thanks Beth

Comment

• choco777
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Good video Beth, this type opf theft happens everywhere. I lost a attache case three months ago in Mexico City, left it laying on seat window down, middle of the street and it was grabbed through window, this happened in the middle of the day in almost the center of D.F. in heavy traffic, could do nothing! Luckily I have learned to keep Passport and other papers like it in seperate places so as never to lose it all. Money can be replaced but I.D. is hard to get back.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Choco ... another tragedy for you, you really need to work quickly to get to where you want to go ........ I feel for you ... sorry to hear this ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I need to follow the advice I send out more often. I love convertibles - and almost always have windows down if the weather allows.

BUT - my purse is not within reach of the windows - and I do either lock up when I get gas or bring my purse out with me.

Choco, youch - that hurts. I had a pickpocket get my wallet once at the Miami airport. I had spent the entire trip with my money and id's spread out throughout my purse - then, at breakfast at the airport - I had reorganized it all back into my wallet (we were on the way home now) - and THAT's when it got taken LOL -- hardest part - at the time I lived in an apartment complex - one of the first that had the electronic door cards - and that was also in the wallet. I couldn't get in my building until I could find a neighbor who knew me to let me in. And I was fairly new there - the apt was temporary between 2 houses.

Keep eyes open and be aware of surroundings!
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by choco777
                  Good video Beth, this type opf theft happens everywhere. I lost a attache case three months ago in Mexico City, left it laying on seat window down, middle of the street and it was grabbed through window, this happened in the middle of the day in almost the center of D.F. in heavy traffic, could do nothing! Luckily I have learned to keep Passport and other papers like it in seperate places so as never to lose it all. Money can be replaced but I.D. is hard to get back.
                  Reminds me of wondering if I was acting paranoid telling m'Lady to take off her watch and big rings when we drove slowly through the Dominican Republic in an open jeep.......nothing happened that time (because we both "stripped down")......

Much earlier, I was freaked out when driving around the island of St. Lucia, and when I slowed to make a turn, those who were previously waiting for either a bus or a van ride started running and trying to jump in my Samurai!!!
                  Almost gave her whiplash that time trying to outrun a potentially awkward confrontation!

Funny....it doesn't happen in Jamaica.......
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• choco777
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

If things like what happened to me go on daily then I deserved it, cause I was aware of the problem but asleep at the wheel (not really) It is hard to be in traffic moving at 3-4 miles an hour and usually at full stop in middl of four lanes and someone wants to drag you from the car or sometimes crowbar through the window and take what they can, blame the government, a decentralized government would be the answer to eating smog in DF. Just don't spend time in DF if you can avoid it. If u r in DominRep Vasili i'd hide everything including her.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• allstarfaces
                      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                      Sad but true ... I am pretty good at this stuff .. I keep safety in mind ... My door is always locked, my friends laugh, but I keep them locked, always, day & night .... I had always wanted a convertible, about 6 years or so ago I bought one, well guess what, I had it less than a month. I could not enjoy it, I felt naked on the street, I felt as though anyone could jump in my car at any time ... had to sell it ... I drive with my doors locked, both sides ... I rarely visit an atm machine at night and if I do, it's at a drive thru, not that these things don't happen in the daylight either.
                      Phobia ... I think not, safety first!! I agree!!
                      how you get your shopping????? from the internet???
                      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                        how you get your shopping????? from the internet???
                        lol .... I can still shop, darn good at it too, lol, I can shop for 5 or 6 hrs in one store ... oh yeah ... no I just mean I do not go to the teller at night, I do that in daylight, but shopping can be done with the cards you know ..... and my vehicle is enclosed, not convertible ... and I run right into the house if it is dark when I arrive home ... lol .... and my house is never in darkness, lights are on, tvs & music playing, lol, always sounds like a house full of people, and then I even have your itunes playing somedays, lol .. this all wards off those lurkers ... I actually sleep with the tv on as well, otherwise, I hear far too many noises and that is not good ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• allstarfaces
                          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

lmao oooooo thats me you just described ooo lol only jokin i aint that much of a wimp.........well not much

dont 4 get to ask for more tunes
                          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                            lmao oooooo thats me you just described ooo lol only jokin i aint that much of a wimp.........well not much

Wimp eh!! lol ....... is that what I am ....... okay, true!!

dont 4 get to ask for more tunes
                            I didn't want to be greedy, but I will if I am allowed ... I'll come up soon and lay a few more on you !! thanks ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Astraltraveller
                              General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                              lol .... I can still shop, darn good at it too, lol, I can shop for 5 or 6 hrs in one store ... oh yeah ... no I just mean I do not go to the teller at night, I do that in daylight, but shopping can be done with the cards you know ..... and my vehicle is enclosed, not convertible ... and I run right into the house if it is dark when I arrive home ... lol .... and my house is never in darkness, lights are on, tvs & music playing, lol, always sounds like a house full of people, and then I even have your itunes playing somedays, lol .. this all wards off those lurkers ... I actually sleep with the tv on as well, otherwise, I hear far too many noises and that is not good ...

Shopping for 5 hrs at the same store.....why does this sound familiar...???.....lol
                              Sound just like my wife.....lol
                              Having fun are we ladies?.....lol

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
                              Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
                              www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

Working...
                              X