Howdy guys and gals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy guys and gals...

I am new to vodahost and all subsidiary departments of afore mentioned establishment... I do have to say that i almost made a huge mistake and passed these guys up. As a matter of fact i originally chose another hosting company/domain registrar, who will of course remain nameless (cough.. fortu*eCity), but luckily while on the search for a bulider, i stumbled upon voda and all it has to offer. I have a tendancy to get long winded, so i will consiously end here by saying thanks for all your help so far (new to all this web stuff here but already taught myself html, xtml and all that **** but also already discarded it for the more practical concept of a good builder), and i look forward to working with u in the future. Any suggestions from anyone concerning, building, maintaining, a personal/commercial website, or getting it seen or anything like that will be greatly appreciated and all criticisms will be promptly discarded.. just kidding... my new site will be up very soon at www.unzippedaservice.net... thanks again.
    *Shawn*

Re: Howdy guys and gals...

Hello Shawn!

Welcome to the VodaLand community forum! Always nice to meet some new people here - interesting to see their websites they make, and make some new friends along the way, and help others aswell.

Welcome, and much success to you my friend! Let us know if you need anything.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Glad you stumbled Shawn ... and you definitely have made the right choice.

Be sure to stumble upon the tutorials about using the blue voda web builder. You may opt for soho if you have a commerical site. I do not know about Soho, however, many here do. Blue voda is the personal choice of most, a much friendlier site builder.

One of the biggest mistakes most make when beginning their site, is with page widths. It is best to set your page width at '800 and tick center in browser, all of this can be found on your page properties by right clicking within the builder. The length of your page is not as important, although too lengthy is not good. Lock your page width and recheck that it is set at the '800 before you publish.

Welcome to the forum, and check around the forum you will notice there appears to be an area for every part of site building or information you may need. Try and post any questions in the appropriate area of the forum for a quick speedy response.

Have fun in the lounge!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the warm and quick response... and from one of our friendly neighbors up north nonetheless... Like i said, i am somewhat new to this area of knowledge but have found it very interesting and somewhat addictive. I seem to have become what my friends have said is a "computer geek"... lol. Oh well, we all need a title I guess. AnywayI pick up quickly fortunately and unfortunately, i get bored easily once i learn something, so i've already cycled through the coding part, but still enjoy the design part. I also have found that i need the design part so it all works out well. Feel free to forward any and all suggestion/ideas this way and thanks again for the hello. "Oh, Canada!"
        *Shawn*

Comment

Haha!

How's the weather over there? .. it hasn't snowed here yet in Ontario, but it will soon - you can't have a christmas without snow, eh?

Are you building your website with BlueVoda or Dreamweaver etc.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi there. Been traveling a lot actually, with work and all that, so I have seen some snow... ie.. Chicago and actually in Cleveland tonight. But i am accustomed to a snowless Christmas being from Alabama and all.
            Concering what i am using to build this particular sight, I decided to give another "stumble find" a try and i'm using Cabanova.com... I really like it. It is very user-friendly, highly customizable, and damn easy! check it out at cabanova.com. let me know what you think. at first glance it can appear somewhat elementary but dig in a little and see how coplicated it can get... and btw, what are the "levels " of a page?
            *Shawn*

Comment

Hey!

Pretty cool my friend, all though is it going to supply you the code after so you can publish it here later on?

Or is it something you publish after building it on there? If it is, don't think you can do that on Voda Servers.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
              X