Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas Tradition in your country

Hello there,

I just wondering "what is your tradition when the christmas come in your country" ?

In my family tradition, we always do "Secret Santa" ,(all our family must buy something for someone in our family) , i feel little bit boring :(

So, what is your's tradition ?

Regards,
    Hendry
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Re: Merry Christmas Tradition in your country

1. Advent Candles lit every night up to Christmas
    2. Stockings can be opened at anytime after midnight.
    3. 1 present opened on Christmas Eve (only if you have more than 1 under the tree)

I guess that's it on a consistent basis. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

All the family are together for dinner on Christmas Eve, play some games and stuff, then we go to midnight Mass at Church. (Something which we havent done for a few years though...) then when we get back, my niece opens one gift (Used to be me doing that!!) then we play more games. Everyone sleeps over which means its normally me that has to sleep in the living room! I like it like that!

Then Christmas day, we get the food ready, open the gifts, then eat!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Teri

Comment

My familys tradition is to gather together at someone in the family's home on Christmas Eve for dinner. We usually plan our special "Christmas Dinner" with the entire family on Christmas Eve and then each individual family unit has their own private Christmas Dinner on actual Christmas Day. When the Christmas Eve dinner is over we all congregate in either the living room or den, depending on where the piano is and sing Christmas Carrolls. Several members of my family are quite accomplished pianists, including myself. And all of us love to sing. When we've sung all the requests, each child goes to the parent he/she belongs to and sits with them or on the floor at their feet while the senior member of the family reads the original Christmas story from the Bible ~ of the birth of Jesus. We do this every year and find that it helps us to remember what the season is really all about ~ not the shopping, not the presents, not the festive decorations. It's about a God that keeps promises and sent us, His children, the greatest gift of love He could have given us.
        Casey Frost,
        Craft Pretenders

Comment

^ While reading that I just said "Awwww" to the screen. That sounds so magical.

Comment

Christmas here is just as it probably should be. Celebrated by going to Mass or other religous services to celebrate the real gift given to us all. Children do not ( well some are now copying U.S. mainly, no matter how they feel about other aspects) receive gifts until Jan. 5. on Los Reyes. It is all about family and what you can pass along to your children in the way of traditions. I feel as long as it is kept in mind and voiced what the day is, it can't be wrong. Of couse there is the Christmas meal at around 11pm and plenty of Pinatas for the kids.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

On Christmas eve, usually good food, friends & family. Play a boardgame open one present and exchange "secret santa" ornaments. Open presents up on Christmas morning the christmas stocking is last. Christmas dinner at 2pm, turkey, mashed potatoes, turnip, carrots, sweet potatoe, stuffing, gravy, coleslaw, homemade bread and plum pudding. Stuffed...yummy

Comment

You've forgotten the christmas jammies CL .... lol ... always a favorite ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hmm, it's really make me hungry now ,Can't wait for christmas day :))
                  Thank you every one for sharing your story
                  and " Merry Christmas " & " God Bless You All "

Too Bad my country don't have a Winter :((

Jingle bells .. Jingle bells.. bla..bla..blaaa :))))
                  GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Hendry168
                    Hmm, it's really make me hungry now ,Can't wait for christmas day :))
                    Thank you every one for sharing your story
                    and " Merry Christmas " & " God Bless You All "

Too Bad my country don't have a Winter :((

Jingle bells .. Jingle bells.. bla..bla..blaaa :))))

Well I know you aren't from Canada then ... lol .... where is your contry?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am from Indonesia..
                      Only rain and summer in here.. :(
                      GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

Thanks for responding Hendry ....

Just remembered another tradition, and that would be to take the tour around to view all the christmas lights, about a two-three hour tour, but seems even I've grown away from that one, just too many other things to do taking precedent ...

So, it would do me no good to ask you if you would like a "Snowball Fight" lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well in Jamaica christmas is a big thing with family gatherings and lots of good food. I'm Indian so we don't really celebrate christmas but becuase we live in a country that does we alwys have agreat big partay and invite friends and family. Usually lots of food including, jerk and barbecue chicken, rum cake, sorrel ( a delicious festive christmas drink), rice and peas ( traditional jamaicna way of preparing), fried fish, yams, mashed potatoes, lots of different types of veggies.

IT is glorious to use the time to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while and jsut hang out enjoying the evening.

I hope everyone has a glorious holiday.
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I have to say I envy you on all counts of that post Beez ... yes, yes I do ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well we gather together with my parents and brother and sister on Christmas Day (the first (25) as we have two days) we go to church in the morning. Then we have coffee with some other people we know from the church and eat Moscovian Tulband (cake) then after one o clock every couple starts to prepare a course for dinner. We set up a board game and about seven o clock we start the dinner which useally ends arrount twelve, we then sit by the fire and have a coffee and some liquor. My father then gets sentimental saying that it is a blessing that we are all together in good health. After five minutes my sister gets enough of that and we go home or stay over.
                              www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
                              www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X