What movie you still and will always remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nite Producer
    Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Re: What movie you still and will always remember?

WOW WOW WOW WOW, I'M IMPRESSED GUYS.I left just 2 or 3 days because I had to upgrade my computer, and then came back to find all this replies ?!!!! WOW.VASILI, I'm looking forward to know what you were going to say, just in brief, sacrifice a bit for us.The goal of this thread is to give opinions about our favorite movies and exchange titles, you might find some interesting great movies that you shouldn't miss.Alright, I'll start to say that all movies mentioned so far are so great and are listed in my favorites.I like one of the movies not mentioned so far, first because it's based on a true story and 2ndo, the main event "in the story" was in 24 h exact, how one of the biggest actors Robert Redford "Agent Nathan Muir" take his protege off the hook within 24 h based, before execution in suchao prison just by phone calls and money transfer, Brad Pitt The girl's favorite "no comment" he is always on the top, SPY GAME just make me living with the story each time, I give that movie 8.25/10
    The Producer

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

OK..since everyone is adding more movies, i gotta say I love old musicals and old war movies.

OLD MUSICALS - KISMET, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS, GIGI, Etc

OLD WAR MOVIES - Bridge on the River Kwai, Guns of Navarone, Dirty Dozen, Tora Tora Tora, and a lotof other good ones.

Also love Cary GRANT movies...Arsenic and Old LAce, North by Northwest, TO Catch aThief, An affair toRmemberr, The Bachelor andtheBobby Soxer, and the one where he is a war bride....lol

OK...I think I namedenough...oh and theAbbot and Costello Movies...lol
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Will try again....

Unbearable Lightness of Being :: The first movie I felt was as "close to life" as possible, and because it was a very tumultuous love story, despite being a tragedy

Quest For Fire :: Wonderfully composed, and touched upon the basest of instincts

Butterflies Are Free :: Taught me that love is not always all it "appeared" to be

It's A Wonderful Life :: If I have to explain myself here, then you need to crawl back under your rock!

Love Story :: Again, a lifelike way to remind me that despite all expectations, the most important things in life are those we can't contain or control, and to never deny Love the opportunity to express Itself

Gladiator :: A riveting illustration that in the midst of any and all of life's horrors, tenderness can thrive, and true leadership is a state of mind, not merely proclamation (and that invariably, it is "proved"): a modern version of Job and surviving with grace (and class)

Titanic :: Legendary myself (LOL), I believe that this epic tale reminds us to sieze every opportunity to LIVE a life worth living, and to cherish the LOVE we fill it with!

Ghost :: An emotional fav - reminds me that cliches are more true than chic: faith can availeth much, and the only true eternalisms we can participate with this side of heaven (love, memories) outlast us all, therefore to live fully, freely, and without regret

The Boy With Green Hair :: The inspiration for me to have "It's all a matter of perspective!" as my personal motto since 1969

and....some of the others already mentioned....(and many more!)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

And the top of the list, the most inspirational (always):

The Ten Commandments

There! That's enough from me....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Favorite war movie - other than King of Hearts - for me would be Das Boot - that one really brought the war home for me.

It's a Wonderful Life is good - but I love the Capra movies Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Meet John Doe.

For out-and-out laughs - give me the Marx Brothers still - and I still love watching Singin' in the Rain, too.

For a more recent movie that caught my eye and hasn't gotten the acclaim I feel it should: Songcatcher. I saw this by accident - and had to go buy it - it inspires me. It shows people of the Appalachian Mountains as real, with intelligence. The music is out-standing. It'll remain forever on my list of favorites.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Nite Producer
              Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Vasili, nice list, except Titanic, I can't watch it again, because they put a lotta lights over it within the media and that song of Celine Dion, I just was sick of it, it was always on the tv, advertisement, MTV etc etc.I'm just kind of like what nobody likes "kind of sometimes". Means like to be different if you want ;)Bether, so far nice choices, I just don't know why you didn't like Harry Potter, in fact, I like it because nothing is real on the story, well, let's say because it's a 100% science fiction and imaginary kind of movie.Anyway, I know you are a book woman, it's fine, but still like your list of choices.I know it's mentioned before, but I appreciate The GodFather, I even have the whole collection, and everytime I start watching the 1st part, I end up watching the full collection all night. We all know why it's a special movie, they even mix a real story with the rest of the created script. AMAZING.
              The Producer

Comment

• choco777
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

As good as it Gets....Jack Nicolson, Greg Kinear (?)
                and Helen Hunt half nude, what more do you want.

I am Sam ......Great story and actor.

Mystic River....Again great actors Kevin Bacon And Penn. All that is lacking is Helen Hunt Half nude...then ya got a movie.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Bethers
                  Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Choco, excellent choices, also - I loved I am Sam - and feel it got dwarfed when it was out because it was at the movies same time as A Beautiful Mind - which was great, too.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

• darklight
                    Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Pulpfiction. Totally superb film. Even though its really twisted and stuff, it has a personal reason as to why its one film I will always remember.
                    Teri

Comment

• MandyN
                      Major

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by choco777
                      As good as it Gets....Jack Nicolson, Greg Kinear (?)
                      and Helen Hunt half nude, what more do you want.

I am Sam ......Great story and actor.

Mystic River....Again great actors Kevin Bacon And Penn. All that is lacking is Helen Hunt Half nude...then ya got a movie.
                      I have to say choco777... Helen Hunt half nude is not appealing to me... lol... but it obviously is to you... lol
                      I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

• Nite Producer
                        Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

I just got in my mind that old musical "West Side Story", Music, Gangs Fight's style, love story, one of the biggest in its time.
                        The Producer

Comment

• C L
                          General

• Jul 2006

West Side Story....good one

A Beautiful Mind, Dirty Dozen, Ghost, The Godfather, The Ten Commandments, Singing in the Rain, As Good as it gets, I am Sam, Mystic River.....I've seen all these movies and thought they were good. I'm curious about the King of Hearts, I've never seen that one.

A movie I liked was "Enough" with Jennifer Lopez, alot of people don't care for her, but she has made three movies that I liked. This movie in particular I liked because she got him good in the end.

Sean Penn another good actor

Comment

• Nite Producer
                            Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Well, yeah agree that I'm one of those who don't like JL, why? because in her movies, you feel that she is acting, and the act is fake, not like other actors who make you feel that's a story and he/she is the person really involved in.One of the latest one I saw, "Indian" the motorcycle race, it's just touch me the way he made his dream come true, even if it's not a big thing for others, but for him, it was everything to race and reach that speed he always wanted, with that indian motorcycle, without breaks, without parachute, no safety measues, but hell he did it.
                            The Producer

Comment

• Nite Producer
                              Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Sorry forgot to mention that was a movie with Anthony Hopkins, and "he" in the story went from New Zealand to Utah, with his hand made and repaired indian motorcycle to challenge the big scores.The Movie is based on a TRUE STORY.
                              The Producer

Comment

• BLK306
                                Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

This is probably not what one would consider a great movie but I never get tired of it and that is TOP GUN! LOL I know I know I'm a big ol' dork. But, I guess I like it so much because it is probably one of the biggest reasons that inspired me to go in to the aviation field as a kid growing up.

Aside from that I also really liked the movies Rome, The Matrix, and the Shawshank Redemption just to name a few more but in no particular order.
                                ID: 11830
                                www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Working...
                                X