Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your tradition on new years eve ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your tradition on new years eve ?

In addition to the Christmas thread.

Tell us about your traditions, especially about the twelve o'clock moment, the booz, the new years eve pastry and about your most awfull moment.
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Re: What is your tradition on new years eve ?

In Holland we eat Dutch new years eve pastries like oliebollen (oil bolls), appelflappen (***** beignets) and sneeuwballen (snowballs). All prepared in hot oil. You can buy them all winter on stalls on the street.

I like to make them myself the day before new years eve. Preparing them in the garden with a fire basket arround and glühwein to keep warm, chatting with some neighbours who get over for a glass and an oliebol.

On the evening itself we useally go to relatives or to a party of some friends (or of ourselves). On twelve o clock everybody kisses each other starting with your beloved girlfriend/ friend.

My worst new years eve.
    A couple of years a go we head for London, we left the Harbor in Holland three o clock in the morning and entered London around noon. We spend sometime in the city and went to the hotel to rest before we would leave for a party. We woke up from the fireworks it was about five min past twelve and we missed the biggest part !

Comment

Originally posted by nlnieu16
      In addition to the Christmas thread.

Tell us about your traditions, especially about the twelve o'clock moment, the booz, the new years eve pastry and about your most awfull moment.
      Booz? What booz?

Comment

Oh, I fail miserably at these threads, so untraditional really, I just go with the flow, whatever my mood strikes me with on any given year ....

But it is important to wish everyone a Happy New Year either than evening or the next day ... My Mom is always first on my list ...

If I am at a party, I m not really fond of kissing everyone, although I don't mind the hug, (well even some of that I mind) it kind of stresses me out if there are strangers there and I have to do this "traditional" thing to even them ...

A nice dinner on the day, usually a ham, as one is usually turkeyed out and have had plenty of chowders, lasagnas, etc., so it's usually time for the ham baked with pine***** and it's glaze ....

And oh yes, the New Years Resolution .... can't say I've ever abided or made many of those .....

See ... give me a -10 for this ... :(

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by nlnieu16
          In Holland we eat Dutch new years eve pastries like oliebollen (oil bolls), appelflappen (***** beignets) and sneeuwballen (snowballs). All prepared in hot oil. You can buy them all winter on stalls on the street.

I like to make them myself the day before new years eve. Preparing them in the garden with a fire basket arround and glühwein to keep warm, chatting with some neighbours who get over for a glass and an oliebol.

On the evening itself we useally go to relatives or to a party of some friends (or of ourselves). On twelve o clock everybody kisses each other starting with your beloved girlfriend/ friend.

My worst new years eve.
          A couple of years a go we head for London, we left the Harbor in Holland three o clock in the morning and entered London around noon. We spend sometime in the city and went to the hotel to rest before we would leave for a party. We woke up from the fireworks it was about five min past twelve and we missed the biggest part !
          In Holland it sounds wonderful, all the fun and pastries you have. Missed the party? Too much booz?

In Nova Scotia, we have a parade square, where everyone gathers outside. It is freezing cold, bands play all night, oh yeah there is booz, lots of booz and flasks hidden in your coat. Countdown to midnight, fireworks, Auld Lang Syne and yes we do the kissing too, sometimes people keep kissing yah over and over. lol Then everybody gets plastered till the wee hours of the morning. The next day there is a Levee, I think that is how you spell it, and everyone meets and drinks again, so it continues for two days. In Newfoundland they make a week out of it. lol

Comment

That sounds great two days or even a week !

I know those people too, starting to kiss people they already wished a happy new year, a little drunk already !

Comment

Working...
            X