• Jul 2006

Re: Anyone got a little claim to fame

Yeah dude! go for it! its: www.myspace.com/scuroluce

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

Wow Holly! In all the sporting events I've been in my lifetime including when I was younger, when my boys were in sports, and YES( I too played on a womens softball team and a co-ed team), I don't think I have ever seen a fan do what you have described. You can be on my Team any time you want! (So what position did you play in softball?...I played center field and 2nd on the womens team and catcher on the co-ed team. The last time I played was on the co-ed team, just about to put someone out at home plate...here comes the ball from the 1st baseman...yes...I've got it, we're going to get the out.....BAM!! Right on my nose!! My fault...I was about an inch out of balance and my nose caught the ball instead. We ended up having to forfeit, because there was no one to replace me. Yep...broken, crushed, smashed was my nose and so to the hospital, surgery the whole nine yards. Haven't played since) lol
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Dream Lady
        Wow Holly! In all the sporting events I've been in my lifetime including when I was younger, when my boys were in sports, and YES( I too played on a womens softball team and a co-ed team), I don't think I have ever seen a fan do what you have described. You can be on my Team any time you want! (So what position did you play in softball?...I played center field and 2nd on the womens team and catcher on the co-ed team. The last time I played was on the co-ed team, just about to put someone out at home plate...here comes the ball from the 1st baseman...yes...I've got it, we're going to get the out.....BAM!! Right on my nose!! My fault...I was about an inch out of balance and my nose caught the ball instead. We ended up having to forfeit, because there was no one to replace me. Yep...broken, crushed, smashed was my nose and so to the hospital, surgery the whole nine yards. Haven't played since) lol
        No Way Cindy!!

omg .... you are my twin ... I too had a broken nose from softball, lmao ... in a tournament, in an afternoon game and well the ball came to me and at the last second before I grabbed it it bounced up and broke my nose, I can remember my sister, the udder one, when I asked her, okay, how bad is it, she said, oh not too bad, and when I looked in the mirror, my nose was all across my face, lmao .... I can't believe you girl ... this is too great!! You know what, that was pretty much my last too .... We Nose, we were Shocked Right??? lol ... that's unbelievable ... I did go to the hospital, they had to snap it back in place, no surgery and no problems. Nosey aren't we ... lmao Oh, and a few sprangled ankles to boot!! Stiches to the knee and a broken finger, lol ....

I played short stop and sometimes third, mainly ss tho. Fastball and softball. Really liked the fastball cause when you got a piece of that sucker it really went ... loved it, loved it, loved it. Had my own bat!!
        Still have it!! Now tell me Cindy, "Scuba Dive"????

And I too did enjoy my "fan" days, really only gave that up 6 months ago ... it's all over now, well it may start again next year, we will see ... I'll take some shots of some of my stuff I've made, it's pretty good, and it definitely added the spirit!! I loved it .. can't tell you how many times I had laryngitis .. lmao ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• larazovich
          General

• Jul 2006

I am guessing all softball inffielders have broken something or other, yeah? Was pitching, took a line drive in the top rib, busted it, popped my lung... yuk! Couple of ankle sprains landing on sprinkler heads in the "outfield" as a child, multiple jammed fingers from chasing grounders playing 2B and SS.. .. occupational hazards..
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by larazovich
            I am guessing all softball inffielders have broken something or other, yeah? Was pitching, took a line drive in the top rib, busted it, popped my lung... yuk! Couple of ankle sprains landing on sprinkler heads in the "outfield" as a child, multiple jammed fingers from chasing grounders playing 2B and SS.. .. occupational hazards..
            lol Liz .... well it just sounds like we ought to put together a VodaBallTeam doesn't it .... just to see how much we could injure ourselves now ... lmao
            Do you think we'd make it 7 or 9 innings without an injury ... wasn't it so much fun though ... well worth it right!! Now we're looking looking for that outfielder to catch us right ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• larazovich
              General

• Jul 2006

S'been a long while since I've played. Seem to remember that last time I was drinking lemonade made with gin instead of water, think we only made it through like 3 or 4 innings before it all went sideways..
              On the upside, nobody gave a darn about injuries..LOL
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

S'been a long while since I've played. Seem to remember that last time I was drinking lemonade made with gin instead of water, think we only made it through like 3 or 4 innings before it all went sideways..
                On the upside, nobody gave a darn about injuries..LOL
                Well, we can still drink that, can't we ... and maybe a good old game of marbles would be better ... lmao ... I want all the "do-boys" lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• larazovich
                  General

• Jul 2006

I don't know what is a 'do-boy'?
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

I don't know what is a 'do-boy'?

ahaha ... you crack me up ... maybe it is spelled dough-boy ... it's the bigger ones, its what we always called them, lmao ...

of course with all our broken fingers we may not be able to push them as well ...

maybe we should try pick up sticks, or a game of survivor ... I wonder how we could gear up a game of survivor on here ... ??? hmmm .... just a thought ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• larazovich
                      General

• Jul 2006

Ahhhh. I see. We called 'em shooters, or taws..for some reason..
                      I remembers clearies, and cat's eyes, and puries.. good memories.

Survivor in Vodaland.. Now THERE's a picture.. wonder who would form alliances with who???
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Ahhhh. I see. We called 'em shooters, or taws..for some reason..
                        I remembers clearies, and cat's eyes, and puries.. good memories.

Survivor in Vodaland.. Now THERE's a picture.. wonder who would form alliances with who???

Yes, I remember the cats eyes, shooters, clearies but I can't say I remember the taws ... lol ....

Yeah, and I wonder who would eat the bugs?? lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Dream Lady
                          Major General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                          No Way Cindy!!

omg .... you are my twin ... I too had a broken nose from softball, lmao ... in a tournament, in an afternoon game and well the ball came to me and at the last second before I grabbed it it bounced up and broke my nose, I can remember my sister, the udder one, when I asked her, okay, how bad is it, she said, oh not too bad, and when I looked in the mirror, my nose was all across my face, lmao .... I can't believe you girl ... this is too great!! You know what, that was pretty much my last too .... We Nose, we were Shocked Right??? lol ... that's unbelievable ... I did go to the hospital, they had to snap it back in place, no surgery and no problems. Nosey aren't we ... lmao Oh, and a few sprangled ankles to boot!! Stiches to the knee and a broken finger, lol ....

I played short stop and sometimes third, mainly ss tho. Fastball and softball. Really liked the fastball cause when you got a piece of that sucker it really went ... loved it, loved it, loved it. Had my own bat!!
                          Still have it!! Now tell me Cindy, "Scuba Dive"????

And I too did enjoy my "fan" days, really only gave that up 6 months ago ... it's all over now, well it may start again next year, we will see ... I'll take some shots of some of my stuff I've made, it's pretty good, and it definitely added the spirit!! I loved it .. can't tell you how many times I had laryngitis .. lmao ...
                          I knew we had a lot in common!! Nosey broken noses...lol Like you and Liz, yup I had some sprained ankles to. When I broke my nose, it just bled alot. Never bruised or swelled. About a week after that happened, I was talking to my brother and he HIGHLY suggested I have it checked. He was the Center on his High School football team and so he wrote the book on broken noses. Sure enough...went to the doctor, was sent straight to surgery. I really hadn't noticed that it was broken into a million pieces, deviated septum, etc. It didn't even hurt. I guess I handle pain pretty well.

Scuba Diving??? Well, I have tried it. (1st husband was a Navy Seal so he had all the gear when we got married) So I of course had to try it. But I have always had MAJOR ear problems, lots and lots of surgeries on my ears, they have been rebuilt, mastoid problems, no middle ear bones, etc. I call myself the bionic woman because I have so much titanium in there. Now if only I could hear like her, I'd be good to go. Soooooo No I don't Scuba Dive anymore, the pressure just won't allow it. How about you? in Canada??

So how about Sky Diving, Holly..have you ever tried that??

I remember playing tiddley winks, mankala, pick up stix and jacks when I was a kid!

These days, we like to go in our Motorhome up in the mountains and go 4 wheeling with our neighbors. I really enjoy getting those things going as fast I can (I think a whole 35 miles and hour) then I like to find the little hills to jump. That's about the extent of my real excitment these days......lmao
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

oh wow Cindy, I'll say you "handle pain" I can remember very clearly - didn't hurt when it happened, about 6 hours later it was very very painful ... and you went a week, geesh ... you must have had that gin Liz was talking about ... ooohhh ...

Just knew you must have tried the scuba diving, I could feel it all the way here, lol ... yes in Nova Scotia, although you may think the scenery underwater here is not as great as say down south with all the pretty coral rocks etc., it is still very interesting, (funny though, some of those large rocks used to frighten me, Iused to think there was a shark behind them, our waters are okay for that though, too cold for any of the biters for the most part anyway) - shipwreck diving, is real cool. Although the best for pleasure diving in that respect are those wrecks that are only at about '50 - '60 feet, not so dark right ... And of course, my favorite depth was below the '33 mark ... no worries and hassels of times and decompression. 45 minutes or so was about the longest I would stay, was plenty time for a couple of divers to bring up 100 lbs of the finest nova scotia scallops ... yes sir. You'll notice I say "was", I don't do it anymore, takes someone in top physical condition, young, etc., and it was always difficult too finding a partner, never dive alone right. I used to belong in the clubs. We used to go every Sunday, treasure hunting, was always alot of fun. And I tell you, I never felt better in my life than I did after a 45 minute dive. Talk about reviving yourself, it was incredible, must have been all that air in the tank, lol .... No problems with my ears or nose, however, had seen many people with their mask full of blood ... Not anymore. One of my worst experiences was when a young boy was a vicitim of a drowning accident and they called a few of us to dive for the body. And yes, Cindy, we found him, resting on the floor of the lake, curled up in a little ball, it was something I will never forget. Awful. That was the one and only time I did that ... never again ..

Sky Diving, I went once, went with a group of 7 people. Cost was $75.00, I paid my $75.00 sat through the two or three hour course and wouldn't go ... lmao ... I believe that was the day I discovered I had a fear of heights. Yes, I was already excited and everything and I turned CHICKEN!! lmao ... was a while living that down, let me tell you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• larazovich
                              General

• Jul 2006

I have always woanted to jump out of a plane, told myself I would do it by 40. Didn't. Then said by 50, for sure.
                              Now, am aiming to do it by 60... hoping to do it this summer, as I finally have the time and inclination to get in right shape first.. I will let you all know..LOL
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

• bill2006
                                Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Originally posted by C L
                                Well, I would like to hear your good deeds Bill, and I'm sure they count.
                                Planting trees and saving a life does provide certain inner satisfaction.
                                Bill
                                www.blueearthtea.com
                                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                                www.iaval.com
                                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                                X