• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C L
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: Anyone got a little claim to fame

err.........I've been on television, in newspapers, I deal with the people who work with the rich and famous. Met Dee Snyder, The Undertaker, JP Bordello, Cathy Jones, a few others. Some of our costumes were worn by famous people, I have those pieces tagged. Alot of our costumes are on tv for various events etc. It's pretty cool.

Comment

• Dorothy
      Master Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Hello. This, my first post to the forum, will 'date' me without question. But being an older lady doesn't take away from the achievements of a life time. I was the first woman teacher to wear a pair of pants to work at our local school -- pants were not part of the dress code until then. I was the first woman to work as a rural letter carrier out of a small post office where I worked in that position until retirement -- the postal patrons didn't know what to call me (my 'title') and there was an older gentleman who just gave up and called me 'Miss Baby'. I loved it. One of the funniest 'firsts', or claims to fame, that maybe should be embarrassing was the note included with my diploma which I received in the mail after choosing to forgo the ceremony of graduation. The note was from the professor who had acted as my advisor. It said, "Congratulations. You have the distinction of haveing received the lowest grades ever to have received this degree." I hope that one was good for a few laughs from you guys. Am looking forward to being a part of this community.
      This is Dorothy with
      http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by choco777
        Holly, forget the news clips, just show the Police Report.
        lol Choco ... I actually had forgotten about this and didn't see your post until a few more posts were made tonite ... lol

Well as CL touched on with the costume shop, one where I worked and managed for 17 of my years, a family business, which I parted to do my own thing about 5 years ago now, there were several telelvision interviews, radio interviews, newspaper interviews and in fact I would say the costume shop has it's own Claim to Fame as the inventor of the formal MardiGras which happened for about 10 straight years in the downtown area of Halifax. The formal event is obsolete now, however Halloween is big here .. And meeting the Undertaker was at a hotel iin Chicago ... yes quite a nite, eh CL!

But Choco, the one in which I was referring to was when a Local MLA was involved in a scandal. I'll keep the names out of it. In any event, a local news reporter had decided he would "Dress UP" as a convict, get his own picture taken in this outfit in front of province house in Halifax, and then write up a news story as if it were someone else creating this news. Well of course, police and the politician involved were more than curious to know who this guy was. This guy left me with a phony name, number, etc., and I clued into this as he was doing so. So I quickly made mental notes about him and the vehicle he was driving, and by doing this, this would be "News Maker" was nabbed, and well I did feel kind of bad as he did lose his job.

Other things in Sports, Three Years Running for Most Home Runs in the Softball League, with teams amount to 10. Chosen to play on Softball Allstar Team.

Hockey - Initiated and started the first "Girls" high school hockey team within my high school and I got the very first goal of anyone in High School as well.

Coaching - I've coached little league teams in softball and assisted with hockey coaching.

Fan - Chosen #1 Fan of the Year during some of the Central Minor Days.

My Son - My son was held and cared for by a highly recognized Television News Reporter when he was 3 days old.

And the best!! - I had my son on the 12th of September, after working day and night on the 11th and reported back to work on the 16th of September for good!
        Now that's A "Claim to Fame" lol .... whether anyone thinks so or not ....

Tidbits about Me!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• darklight
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Sadly no :( Once when a news crew came to my junior school, they were going to flim the Jujutsu class I was in, but for some reason I wasnt allowed in *sniff* Then in High school, I was involved in painting some huge picture thing and again, news crew came out and the bloody teacher picked three girls that did NO work, to be in the pic. *sniff again*

Yeah Im still angry about it! lol. Its taught me to never participate in anything! lol

Teri

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by darklight
            Sadly no :( Once when a news crew came to my junior school, they were going to flim the Jujutsu class I was in, but for some reason I wasnt allowed in *sniff* Then in High school, I was involved in painting some huge picture thing and again, news crew came out and the bloody teacher picked three girls that did NO work, to be in the pic. *sniff again*

Yeah Im still angry about it! lol. Its taught me to never participate in anything! lol

Teri

You know what Teri ... don't feel so glum, and don't give up. Being around alot of sports and competitiveness most of my life, I've seen these things happen, alot!! Don't give up on yourself, and just because you were not chosen at that time, doesn't mean you didn't deserve to be ..

You remember that ..... you go girl ..... always!! Do it for YOU!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• darklight
              Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

True! It was a good feeling to look at that picture and say that I helped in creating it. As long as I can say that, it dont matter at all. Was just the principle of the matter! Them bloody girls didnt want to get their nails dirty lol. ahh well.. Hmm.. I wonder if its still there lol.

Thanks LadyEye :)

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by darklight
                True! It was a good feeling to look at that picture and say that I helped in creating it. As long as I can say that, it dont matter at all. Was just the principle of the matter! Them bloody girls didnt want to get their nails dirty lol. ahh well.. Hmm.. I wonder if its still there lol.

Thanks LadyEye :)
                Teri ...

You will find it quite often as you go through life, someone is always there to take credit for something you have done .... it does bother you, believe you me, I've lived it ... however, you get over it and build your self-esteem from it ... you know what you can do and you don't need any roses to prove it or otherwise ... right!! And your day will come when you might not even recognize it ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• bill2006
                  Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Good deeds count?
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by wicktharny
                    I may be new here but my claim to fame is that I used to be in an Alice Cooper Tribute Band in Phoenix AZ, we once did a benefit concert for Mr Alice Cooper himself. I have met him 2 other times along with Rob Halford from Judas Priest and a few others, other than that I would have to say no.
                    Hi, you may like this link http://www.planetrock.com/ It’s a digital UK rock station that you can also get on the web. Alice is on every morning from about 6am – 9am London gtm. One of the best rock stations I have come across (check out some of the DJ’s & you will see what I mean.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• karel
                      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Fan - Chosen #1 Fan of the Year during some of the Central Minor Days.
                      Lol Holly what do you have to do for this one?Shout and scream louder than everyone else....Buy more Hot Dogs? ....Have more posters on your bedroom wall?

Well you have a new claim to fame! You have more claims to fame than anyone else on this post.
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• darklight
                        Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Oh actually.. I just had a thought.. I have a myspace account (saddd) That people all over the world can view. That makes me famousss!
                        (pointless) lol

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

lol Teri ... exactly ... it's all what "YOU" make it right ...

It's all the perspective in which you give yourself ... makes things your own joys and success stories ... cause if you don't, guess what, not alot of others will ... you'd be lucky or even the best optimist in the world if you thought you'd get credit for everything you do.

Paul ... It was showing the support and cheering the team on whether we lost or won, it was doing the little things (mind you, I always did go all out) but doing the things that made those young hockey players feel important, feel like they wanted to win, feel like they had the support.
                          I even waved "licorice" from the stands to some of them, because they would score more goals if they new Holly was buying them licorice.
                          I would make them painted name tags, I would make painted flags and huge banners to hang behind the bench, and huge banners for in the stands, I would bring wigs for all team parents to wear, I'd have cheerleader meetings, I'd take photos, videos, bring horns, squeekers, megahorns, I'd arrange for them to be on Breakfast Television. I mde them all their own mini hockey sticks out of wood, painted individually with team colors, their names, their numbers added the nob at the top of the stick with black tape, and around the blade, just as a real stick would be. CL helped me with those, all done individually. I made them each, all hand designed, out of wood, 8 x 10" plaques, with vinyl "gold" stick on letters with their names, year, name of team, "claim to fame" and team picture, and their provincial badge, that not many have opportunity to win in their life, but we did, and I'll bet you every single one of those boys have their plaque and their mini stick to this very day. I could go on and on, with what I used to do. And I loved it ...
                          But, the best of what I did was that I made them feel like Winners - Win or Lose, and we did alot of "winning" that way ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
                            General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
                            Good deeds count?
                            Well, I would like to hear your good deeds Bill, and I'm sure they count.

Comment

• ollie35
                              Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Paul ... It was showing the support and cheering the team on whether we lost or won, it was doing the little things (mind you, I always did go all out) but doing the things that made those young hockey players feel important, feel like they wanted to win, feel like they had the support.
                              I even waved "licorice" from the stands to some of them, because they would score more goals if they new Holly was buying them licorice.
                              I would make them painted name tags, I would make painted flags and huge banners to hang behind the bench, and huge banners for in the stands, I would bring wigs for all team parents to wear, I'd have cheerleader meetings, I'd take photos, videos, bring horns, squeekers, megahorns, I'd arrange for them to be on Breakfast Television. I mde them all their own mini hockey sticks out of wood, painted individually with team colors, their names, their numbers added the nob at the top of the stick with black tape, and around the blade, just as a real stick would be. CL helped me with those, all done individually. I made them each, all hand designed, out of wood, 8 x 10" plaques, with vinyl "gold" stick on letters with their names, year, name of team, "claim to fame" and team picture, and their provincial badge, that not many have opportunity to win in their life, but we did, and I'll bet you every single one of those boys have their plaque and their mini stick to this very day. I could go on and on, with what I used to do. And I loved it ...
                              But, the best of what I did was that I made them feel like Winners - Win or Lose, and we did alot of "winning" that way ...
                              Now that's some fan Holly.

I am sure they all appreciated it, its great to have a passion about something and yes to make each one feel special.

I wish I could have hired you last night, we got thrashed at football : (

I know its not about winning all the time....just once would do.

Oh actually.. I just had a thought.. I have a myspace account (saddd) That people all over the world can view. That makes me famousss!
                              (pointless) lol
                              Whats the address Teri? I could post a comment on there, if you would let me.
                              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

• karel
                                Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Sorry Teri, Holly, I am now out of character and back as Karel.

Why I keep logging in with that account I don't know DOH!
                                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X