X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: THE OFFICER'S CLUB -- A Place To Gather Daily

A. No...Gunsmoke (my Grandmother loved it, and much to my chagrin, it beat Jeanie by about 6 months...then Star Trek, then Green Hornet, then Disney).

B. THAT I am now unsure of.....I was always under the impression it was Gunsmoke, with all the Press that surrounded the "event" but now I find the need to do some simple research.
    Thanks!

PS: Remember to start your "Movie Game" as a new thread....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• PennieNPence
      Major

• Jun 2007

Ohhhh... I didn't know that...cool

I posted the thread...you like?
      http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

JAN 1st, 1954: The first national coast-to-coast colorcast takes place, with the broadcast of the "Tournament of Roses Parade" from Pasadena, California to 21 network stations. There were only 200 RCA electronic color television sets (Model 5 - experimental) able to view the show. This is acknowledged as the first day American television officially changed from black-and-white to color. Read more details on Ed Reitan's web site

1951 Color television introduced in the U.S. For the first time, a nationwide program airs. Edward R. Murrow, in the first broadcast of his See It Now series, tells viewers, as he looks into the split-screen image of the Golden Gate and Brooklyn bridges, that they for the first time are able to see the Atlantic and Pacific oceans simultaneously.First Commercial Color Broadcast -- was by CBS, on June 25, 1951 at 4:35PM EST, over station WCBS, New York, for the Ed Sullivan show. This one-hour gala color premier could only be received by about two dozen sets like the one shown above. The final color broadcast using this mechanical spinning wheel system was on October 20, 1951, with the North Carolina-Maryland football game. There were other color shows listed in the TV Guide for that week, but they were never broadcast. The reason given for the demise of the CBS system was the request by the US Defense Department to stop manufacturing the sets to save critical materials for the impending Korean conflict.

June 25, 1951. CBS broadcasts color using its non-compatible system. The one-hour program, called Premiere, featured Ed Sullivan and other CBS stars, and is carried on a five-station East Coast CBS-TV hookup. The network estimated that 40,000 persons saw what it called the first sponsored color program in television history.

Aug. 30, 1953. NBC's Kukla, Fran, and Ollie Show is broadcast in color, the first publicly announced experimental network broadcast in compatible color.

Nov. 22, 1953. RCA tests its compatible color TV system on the air for the first time with a telecast of the Colgate Comedy Hour.

1954 The revenue for television broadcasters finally surpasses that of radio broadcasters. Gross revenue for television is $593 million. NBC broadcasts the World Series in color for the first time. The first watch is tested for durability on camera. And it is a Bulova, not a Timex. The timepiece is attached to a ball and hurled over Niagara Falls.

1964 Peyton Place premieres on ABC and is the first prime-time soap opera. Color television makes its way into U.S. homes.

Color TV boomsas NBC leads the way and begins to use the phrase "The Full Color Network". By year's end, 96% of NBC's nighttime schedule is broadcast in color, along with all major programs, sports events and specials.

Apparently, despite your mentioned Ed Sulivan show being the first "show" broadcast in color (although to only a limited broadcast system), Kukla Fran and Ollie seems to be the first regularly scheduled show in color.....HOWEVER, when it comes to a nationally broadcast regularly scheduled commercial show, it seems hard to pin down if it was Gunsmoke (which was an NBC show) or Disney (which changed it's name from "Disney Presents" to "The Wonderful World of Disney - in Color" which was really the first such "qualifier".....

I think I've wasted too much time already not to get a definitive answer.....ask me again in the morning, will ya???

LOL

Comment

• PennieNPence
          Major

• Jun 2007

LOL...
          Awsome research though that was really interesting.

Sorry I'm still laughing. :)

Comment

• PennieNPence
            Major

• Jun 2007

by the way someone just posted thier phone number on this thread:
            Lost My Website !!!

Can you delete it for him... I think he has enough problems right now.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I know....wanna roar? Picture me sitting here squinting through these freaking Dean Eddel reading glasses at an oversized flat screen compiling this garbage while putting off real work duties and taking calls! How absurd is that???
              Sounds like a reformed "Head" (that's an OLD term, omg) with a penchant for TRYING to live error-free, eh? I deserve my own show, dammit! LOLOLOL

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by PennieNPence View Post
                by the way someone just posted thier phone number on this thread:
                Lost My Website !!!

Can you delete it for him... I think he has enough problems right now.
                No....remember, I was not "selected" to be a Moderator....Gee! I wonder why???? LOLOLOLOL
                (Actually, I shoved LadyEye in front of me, because she actually has more time than I could ever commit to)

Simply "Report The Post" and make a short note that it should be "Edited" for the User's sake
                Reporting a post is like ringing the doorbell on the Moderators panel.....it creates an email alert as well.

Comment

• PennieNPence
                  Major

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  I know....wanna roar? Picture me sitting here squinting through these freaking Dean Eddel reading glasses at an oversized flat screen compiling this garbage while putting off real work duties and taking calls! How absurd is that???
                  Sounds like a reformed "Head" (that's an OLD term, omg) with a penchant for TRYING to live error-free, eh? I deserve my own show, dammit! LOLOLOL
                  LOL ....
                  Well .... you have a religious viewer in me.
                  That's only because I'm not to far off from you.

In the end it's all about the trying though...
                  Success is irrelevant

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

LOL ....
                    Well .... you have a religious viewer in me.
                    That's only because I'm not to far off from you.

In the end it's all about the trying though...
                    Success is irrelevant
                    Totally. Once you are comfortable on the right side of the fence and understand what true success really is, there is so much left to freely explore and learn......which also makes it easier (so unencumbered) to spot the abscence of that freedom in others.
                    Trinity College (Illinois) Alumnus

Comment

• PennieNPence
                      Major

• Jun 2007

I totally agree
                      But, you can talk till your blue in the face... But some will never really understand. They just have to find it for their selves.
                      I guess you can't blame them though.. I kind of envy them in certain ways... the journey wasn't to bad.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

"Ignorance is bliss" for many, but I still have a hard time tempering minor frustrations with "to whom much is given, much is expected"......so I try to keep my eyes on the verrrrrrry far distance of the path ahead upon which I trod, mindful to maintain my pace without appearing arrogant or ingnoring opportunities to share along the way....

Comment

• LadyEye
                          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                          "Ignorance is bliss" for many, but I still have a hard time tempering minor frustrations with "to whom much is given, much is expected"......so I try to keep my eyes on the verrrrrrry far distance of the path ahead upon which I trod, mindful to maintain my pace without appearing arrogant or ingnoring opportunities to share along the way....

Vasili ... did I find you talking about me again ... LOL ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• PennieNPence
                            Major

• Jun 2007

lol...
                            I don't think he was talking about anyone in particular.

No one that he would name out loud anyway. :)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

lol...
                              I don't think he was talking about anyone in particular.

No one that he would name out loud anyway. :)
                              So very true!

I haven't learned all that much, but I have learned to bite my tongue when appropriate!

I am simply amazed at how the constant flow of nonsense does not faze anyone esle as much as it seems to rattle me. Makes me think I am becoming something of a recluse by default, or am so stubborn at my core that megolomaina has taken root.....omg......

No, m'Lady......I wouldn't DARE talk about you behind your back! I would tape a funny note on it though!

Comment

• PennieNPence
                                Major

• Jun 2007

lol...

Just remember..
                                The gift of knowledge carries the double edged sword of teaching others to fight against the ignorance.

and thanks for using megalomania as much as possible...
                                someone has to keep it alive. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X