• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inlunarsun-Photography
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

Positive Thinking

I thought it might be good to have a thread about Positive Thinking.

Perhaps you are struggling to feel upbeat and positive or you are feeling on top of the world and wish to share your happiness with others? Perhaps you have some excellent tidbits of advice to share or you work in the field of positive thinking per se and could share some insights withall of us who are struggling with the day to day activities of making our lives, businesses, relationships a success? Perhaps you know of some excellent quotes or funny uplifting quotes that you would like to share with others?

This thread is about the power of positive thinking in our lives and welcomes input from other members of the community.

Please, all I ask is that there not be any overt religious 'preaching' or advocating of cults, sects and creeds, what have you. Can we keep this unbiased and friendly please?

Perhaps someone would like to post up a good article for discussion,, to get the ball rolling that we could comment on that has an equal benefit to both women and men alike?

Over to you guys ...
  • AmaDee
    Colonel

• Jun 2006

Re: Positive Thinking

Hey Mark, this is for you

This New Day . . .
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.
    Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in. Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
    This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays."

Comment

• AmaDee
      Colonel

• Jun 2006

Quotes on Strength

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. - Carlos Castaneda

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. - Helen Keller

The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. - Thomas Paine

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

• ace5548
        Major

• Aug 2006

I like the idea of positive thinking that can relate to positive doing. I have found out that if I think in a positive way positive things will happen.

I do not believe that positive thinking can be held over until tomorrow--as we are always in-->today. Wherever we are and no matter what time it is it is always-->today.

We have precious little time here to dwell on negative thoughts.
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

• darklight
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

This is a great thread! I seriously lack positivity, buuut yeah, “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill.

Teri

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

Great Stuff, I need to come back and read them often.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Mirelle
              Captain

• Mar 2006

Hi all

I have to thoroughly recommend a book called
              "Excuse me your life is waiting" by Lynne Gruber ( I think that is how you spell her second name)

This book literally jumped out at me a couple of years ago in my local library and has changed my life and i how deal with it. Myself i have had 3 copies, one never leaves my house and 2 i have given to neighbours who i thought could benefit from the book. One thing i would say is You have to read it a couple of times before you learn how to incoperate it it into your life, and my copy is well thumbed i refer back to it often.

This book helped me so much I looked up the authors web site and placed a comment to say thank you something i have never done before or since.

Basically if you follow its ethos on life it does what it says.

One of the excercises in the book is, pick out someone who looks really grumpy in your supermarket and picture yourself running up to them and giving them a big hug, i did this with a very fierce looking man who was scowling at everyone, and i did this excercise with feeling.... and he looked round i acted totally innocent and gave him a big smile as he was leaving the shop he kept looking over his shoulder and all around him.
              Mirelle

Comment

Working...
              X