• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle
    Corporal

• May 2007

New to blue voda

Hello I just downloaded Blue Voda yesterday and I have not signed up with Voda host yet but probably will they look pretty cool. My name is Steve I'm 30 have very little web experience at least as far as building websites. I am on the net every day but am not a techie type person so haven't ventured into that realm much. I am a criminal justice (masters) student at Kaplan University and my goals are to go to law school and help kids in the justice system. To that end I am working on starting a nonprofit organization and this website will be to advertise that. A big question I am having is I have a paper that I wrote and would like to put on my website. I have it in Word doc format and also in a PDF is the best way to do it to just put links on there and let the people download it rather then displaying all the text on my page itself?

Steve S.
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: New to blue voda

Hi Steve, You can cut & paste your work onto a BV page as text, but the looks may look a little odd as some of word-doc’s page instructions won’t transfer to BV with a cut & paste very well. Things like centring/paragraphs/rapping & so on. If it’s basic text? Then it should be ok & look fine. (a quick test will always tell if its ok, & may only take a second to adjust a few lines)
    But if you also have it in PDF format, you can display the PDF as a web page looking like PDF document, & also offer the facility of a download as well, if the visitor wants.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• legaleagle
      Corporal

• May 2007

Excellent that was just the advice I wanted to know. I'll use the PDF then. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

• legaleagle
        Corporal

• May 2007

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Hi Steve, You can cut & paste your work onto a BV page as text, but the looks may look a little odd as some of word-doc’s page instructions won’t transfer to BV with a cut & paste very well. Things like centring/paragraphs/rapping & so on. If it’s basic text? Then it should be ok & look fine. (a quick test will always tell if its ok, & may only take a second to adjust a few lines)
        But if you also have it in PDF format, you can display the PDF as a web page looking like PDF document, & also offer the facility of a download as well, if the visitor wants.
        Ok now that I am actually getting into building my website how do I do the above suggestion?

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Welcome Legaleagle to VodaHost

The lounge is an area of entertainment within the support forum, believe you me, you don't want us entertaining your question in here ... lol
          The lounge is not an area for assistance with website building ...

You can use the search feature of the forum, there is a tutorial to be found that will show you how to upload a pdf document ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X