• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zissis
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

New In Voda From Greece. Hello There..

First of all i congratulate the Voda creator the staff and the admin for this great job.

I was wondering if you have any thoughts to translate Voda in Greek, i know am asking too much but you never know... Here we have a (war) with the web design skill diplomas in computing and microsoft is the leader of it. If any of you want to make money by making a proposal to a new certification company named Key-Cert please feel free to contact.

I also have a lot of question by making of my (gr) or (eu) or (edu) domain, if you have any solutions please post it. Thanks.
    RaceGuns.gr
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: New In Voda From Greece. Hello There..

Γεια σου Ζηση,

i'm afraid there is no option of translating BV in Greek (though all of us Greeks would like that). Unfortunately this is a financial issue, as translating the software has a great cost. Not only, but all the tutorials and support, which are in English, would also need translating, otherwise it would be useless.

However, if you do (as i see) know Englsh, there should be no difficulties at all in creating your sites in Greek Language
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
      General

• Oct 2005

Welcome and good luck with your site, Zissis!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Not another Greek!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• larazovich
          General

• Jul 2006

welcome zissis!
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yiasus, Zissis!

Welcome to VodaHost and the wonderful opportunity of having so many resources and technologies at your fingertips!

When it comes to having different languages on your website that is not an eCommerce solution (that provides the option of choosing languages), it is often suggested that you have a "Portal" (or landing page) to re-direct visitors to the version they feel most comfortable with....in your case, you might want to offer an English version and a Greek version.

Once you have a Portal, you can basically "clone" websites perfectly in the different languages, and rely on simple linking to keep the navigation solid.

For Example, you will have your primary domain set up on your account, and the "index" page will serve as your Portal.... you can then build a complete English website starting with the first page saved as e_home ("e" for English, and "home" instead of index - accounts can have only 1 index page, and that will be your Portal), and the hyperlink would look like yourdomain.com/e_home.html which is the link you should place on the Portal page for visitors to go to the first page of your English version; each subsequent page can be similarly named, saved, and published, as in yourdomain.com/e_next_page.html and so on.
            For the Greek version, you can do the same, as yourdomain.com/g_home.html (this is the link that is placed on your Portal for the Greek version also) and each subsequent page in like fashion yourdomain.com/g_next_page.html etc.
            Katalvenete?

It is important to have an English version of your website, as major Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista, Alexa, etc.) primarily cache and rank sites based on the English standard even though there are alternate language engines and directories. Greek is still one of the languages that does not have as much recognition on the net as does others!
            Additionally, some utilities that will provide the natural dynamics for Search Engines to attribute to your website can be easily included with a blog or Forum, and most of these have plug-ins and MOD's to allow you to set one up in Greek as well....again, you may wish to consider having multiple versions, so English can also be ranked.
            Parakalo!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• SChajin
              Major General

• Jan 2006

Welcome
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

• zissis
                Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thank you all for your reply.
                Really I didn’t expect that. » another Greek"?
                I have all ready finished my web site with BlueVoda it’s really great.

Friend Vasili I am great full for your information I will try that later, first of all I wish to upload my pages fist and then make my changes. I don’t know if there is any extra charge for doing that yet... any way thanks alot.

Navaldesign I know that Greece its a very small country for making a hole program in this language but believe me you could find a lot of geeks Greeks to translate everything and for free just to have something like BlueVoda in Greek!
                Also I ve made a ticket with the question how do I get the .gr or .edu with BlueVoda. I took an answer that i didnt understand:( ..

Dear Valued Customer,

Please provide the below information.

1) What is your domain name?
                2) What is your cPanel login username?
                3) what is your server name? Click the below to find out...

http://www.vodahost.com/login.htm

Always at your service.

VodaHost
                Your Website People!

I don’t have a static IP or Domain name yet and our net services are not that helpful at the moment... so if you cound explain to me how do i get
                the http://www.donudi.edu.gr (the link doesn’t work yet) name?

A few questions.

1. Is there any bank account?
                2. Does someone remind me that I have to give money every year?
                3. If I do not wish to go on with voda can I get my sites to another server?
                4. How can I do a chat room or a forum in my site?
                5. Is there any extra charge every time I wish to do changes in my pages?
                6. I didn’t understand the charges I saw 19...something $ for domain and 100...something $ for Hosting? For a year. Is that correct?
                7. As for the military ranking... I was a sniper what do I get? :)

That’s all for now.

Thank you all again.
                RaceGuns.gr

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Hi Zηση,

I will try to answer you.

.gr and .edu domains cannot be reistered with VH. You will have to register the .gr with a greek registrar, and the .edu where possible. Make sure these registrars provide you with DNS management Control Panel, or at least that they can change the DNS according to your requests.

So, after you have purchased your VH account, you point your domains to your VH account.
                  And that brings us to the questions that you have received by the help desk:

IP address: when you purchase a VH account, you get assigned to a VH server (from Voda1 to Voda18 and growing). This server has it's own IP address that will be comunicated to you with the welcome mail (after you purchase the account). You will also get a Username for Control Panel login and publishing. help desk was actually asking these details supposing that you were already a customer.

Now, your domain can be, i beleive (but i might be wrong) either .gr or .edu. I do not think that you can have both extensions in a single domain name.

Regarding your own questions:

1. You can pay with your credit card, either directly or through PayPal. You can also pay with Bank Transfer. Please submit a support ticket for details if payment is not done with credit card or PayPal.
                  2. Yes, you receive an automated email some days before expiry.
                  3. yes, your domains are yours. Which mean that you can change the DNS to the servers of any other company whenever you want.
                  4. Through your account Control Panel, section Fantastico, you can automatically install on your site forums, blogs, galleries, calendars and much much more.
                  5. No, no other charges. You can change your pages as many times as you like. You can also have unlimited subdomains, unlimited addon domains, unlimited Databases, unlimited email accounts, etc
                  6. $19.95 per year for the domain renewal (but you will NOT be paying this if you chose to have a .gr domain, you will pay the Greek Registrar whatever he asks for) and $96/year for your hosting account. Correct, that is the yearly subscription. The 3-annual ones comes even cheaper. There are no setup fees for the annual/3-annual.
                  7. Hehe, what yoy already have.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• zissis
                    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

I am visiting Voda's site every day to find out more and more stuf for making my web site better. I didn t make any post because i am totaly lost in my computer :) I hope soon you see the results of my try.
                    RaceGuns.gr

Comment

• Nigel01
                      Private First Class

• Jun 2007

Hi zissis

Welcome

Have fun

Nigel01

Comment

Working...
                      X