Microsoft Surface ... re-imagine the future!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Microsoft Surface ... re-imagine the future!

Hello Gents!

I have come accross the most innovated product I've ever seen in my life since the computer came out!

I want to share this with you, this new multi-touch computing system is going to change the way we think of the future!

Watch the 3 video's and be ready to be amazed!

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Microsoft Surface ... re-imagine the future!

Interesting.....touch computing has already been introduced successfully in retail for more than two years: the department store windows in New York allow passers-by the ability to actually drill in for info on the items on display in the show window, and even purchase it securely via the online "store" all easily and within seconds while not even having to enter the store!

Manufactured by IGC, it relies on a transparent film applied to the inside of the window, and actually allows real-time computing as well as superior interactive graphics.
    This is the same company that has developed an interactive touch monitor that resembles a 1.5mm thick clear and colored latex-like "sheet" you can roll up or file like a piece of paper (of any size), and is developing TV's in the same manner: they see a future where paintings on the wall rotate images, where Mom can watch baby on the monitor by sticking it to the refrigerator door as she cooks, and teachers can pass out monitors to children in class to watch a PowerPoint lesson and still be interactive and "supervised" via wireless connection......many possibilities.

Microsoft seem a little slow to the field, and they have yet to conquer the "table-top" design constraints, although it appears they have successfully merged data aquisition and recognition into a true interactive screen rather than a scan function.

When Vienna debuts in 2009, it will be interesting to see how online applications and enhanced visual dependencies ceate the new symbiosis Microsoft is betting everything on to survive the next generation.

Whether Surface will be available (or applicable) to the general public prior to 2010 and still be a viable option in the light of other leading competitors arriving first with more choices remains to be seen. Highly unlikely, in my opinion.

But ..... thanks for sharing!

This is really old news: was "formally" introduced at the 2004 show in Vegas, and has been commented on regularly for the past 4 years in most leading magazines. It took them this long to produce a glitzy presentation, now that a few "partners" have provided seed money to march it to production....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Jeremy
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Microsoft Surface ... re-imagine the future!

It was first introduced 6 - 7 years ago to Bill Gates and it will now be released this winter for $10.000 - $5.000.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
      X