Quiz 003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz 003

Use two empty buckets with volume of 3 litres and 5 litres.
    Please use ONLY these two buckets as measuring instruments to get 4 litres of water. Please explain how to do it.

Note:
    These two buckets don't have side measurement indicator.
    You may use gallon as unit of measurement, if not familiar with liter.

Re: Quiz 003

Pulling a puzzle from Die Hard are ya?

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      Pulling a puzzle from Die Hard are ya?
      Is this a quiz, too?

Comment

No, just saying this was used in the third Die Hard... they had to do this or a bomb would explode in central park

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

No, just saying this was used in the third Die Hard... they had to do this or a bomb would explode in central park
          This one (Quiz 003) is pretty easy even my carpenters can figure this out. And all of them don't even know how to operate computer and know nothing about internet or web buiding. They do carving, sawing, jointing and everything with woods everyday.
          Please try and I will let you know how to do it if you give up.
          Cheers,

Comment

Fill the 5 liter container, fill the 3 liter from the 5 liter. That leaves the 5 liter with 2 liters, and the 3 with 3 liters. Empty the 3 liter and pour the 2 liters that are in the 5 liter container into the 3 liter container. Then fill the 5 liter container and pour out a liter into the 3 container. That leaves the 3 liter full, and the 5 liters with 4 liters of water.

I was just saying this one isn't a challenge, mainly because i've known this one for about 10 years.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Fill the 5 liter container, fill the 3 liter from the 5 liter.
              That leaves the 5 liter with 2 liters, and the 3 with 3 liters.
              Empty the 3 liter and pour the 2 liters that are in the 5 liter container into the 3 liter container. Then fill the 5 liter container and pour out a liter into the 3 container. That leaves the 3 liter full, and the 5 liters with 4 liters of water.

I was just saying this one isn't a challenge, mainly because i've known this one for about 10 years.
              Good, I'm glad someone cracked it. This was one of a few questions that was used in 1945 to enter University of Tokyo but I don't know whether it was used before or after the little boy. See you in find the lightest coin.

Comment

Working...
              X