Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hello to all,

I've been asked to introduce myself to this community, so I'll just do that. I'm obviously new here, I come from Germany (near Frankfurt) and I am here because I'm trying to set up a website for a friend who is even more edp/internet-illiterate than I am. I have been looking arround for some time and have stumbled over the VodaHost website and it looked good. So I thought i'd give it a try. My Friend is a medical doctor and an Adlerian psychotherpist and psychoanalyst and does depth-psychology based psychotherapy and analysis - which I believe in the english speaking world is better known as psychodynamic therapy and she would like to have a business website. I'm a retired attourney at law and tax advisor and therefore have time to play arround with this kind of stuff.

I read here that I am supposed to include my domaine name or my account ID#. Sorry, I can't do this right now, because (1) I have no domain yet and (2) i do not know my account ID# - probably because I don't have one yet either. Since I'm not allowed to ask questions, I won't ask where I get that account ID#. But perhaps some nice member of the community will tell me anyway.

Have a good day
    and keep passing open windows
    (I like that one as a motto)
    HSE

PS
    I'm not a native speaker, so I must ask for your patience. Do correct me if you please and have nothing better to do.

Re: I'm new

Hi Hse,

Welcome to the best WYSIWYG website builder forum.
    You have made the right choice.

My first suggestion is you surf and search for medical sites online
    to give you and idea how medical sites look like.

They must look trustworthy and professional.

Enjoy.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi - welcome to you! I can't believe you're not a native English speaker - you write better than a lot of us English born folks! :)

The way to learn is to play around with Blue voda - and ASK questions on the forum before you finally get to the stage when you want to publish your website. Then you can get a Vodahost account and you'll be away.

But you don't need an account to ask questions on here - ask away, and there are lots of helpful folks who will help you find you're way around the software.

Here's betting once you get the hang of it you don't stop at just one website ...... Blue Voda is addictive, so be warned!
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Welcome. Your friend is lucky! And your English is pretty darned good already. Look forward to seeing what you do. Questions get answered faster when they are posted in the right forum. When you sign up (and pay for hosting) you get one free domain name and a 'welcome' email that gives you your account number. If you learn the program first, before you are ready to post it, you save a little on hosting time, but I found it was better to get an account and set up the domain because some of the features don't show up unless the site is published on the web. Then you really can tell how it works. You can always delete it and start over too. Get good photos (if you need them) and learn how to resize and title them before you build the site so you don't have to go back and correct it all later. Good luck. It took longer than I thought and was frustrating at first, but just keep at it and it will make sense.
        All the best
        Catherine
        www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing your work.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi HSE,

You have made a very good choice in BlueVoda and VodaHost. You get an excellent and relatively easy to learn website builder, many qualitative free extras, superb web hosting and a wealth of help in the form of tutorials, these forums, both live and archived, and a community of help minded folks that just can't be beat for their knowledge and generosity.

You will do very well, I am sure, and we welcome you wholeheartedly...
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi HSE,
              Welcome aboard. You have made the right choice. I believe you wanted to know where to obtain the ID#...
              Since I'm not allowed to ask questions, I won't ask where I get that account ID#. But perhaps some member of the community will tell me anyway.
              Go here and sign up. VodaHost will send you an email with this information as part of it.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X