'Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

Anybody read this absolutely incredible book? I was thinking about "favorite books" after reading some of the favorite quotes...
    Authority Resources Organizing--helping you straighten up...and fly LIGHT!
    Visit
    authorityresources.com

Re: 'Til We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

I read it some time ago - can't remember it now too well, but recall it was pretty good.

Favourite books, eh? There's one I will pick up and read again every so often, and that's The Stand by Stephen King.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Nice to meet you, Trish!
      I think I've read "Faces" Lewis book a half dozen times. :) I was gifted with the Narnian chronicles when I was 18, and I've read the entire set about once every 2 years, I suppose. Lewis is far & away my favorite fiction author. I love his nonfiction, too, but I must read it in a place with no distractions--he's deep, and scholarly to say the least, in his nonfiction/apologetics works.

Hey, I wanted to alert you that, at least from my browser (Firefox), there are several spots on your Limebrook website where your text is overlaid by your photos and/or links. I had a great deal of trouble with that myself and had to keep previewing pages and then moving links/photos UP from the position you would think they should be in while in design mode. It's a pain in the tush... Maybe ask some friends to check it out to confirm if it happens on other browsers. I noted it on "livery", "horses for sale", & "horse facts" pages. I didn't go further than that in my exploration.
      Visit
      authorityresources.com

Comment

Damn - thanks for that! Have avoided firefox - it's fine in IE.
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hey there Itzelratonicita, welcome to the forum....

I haven't read it, good book?

I like Stephen King too Trish.......

Comment

IT is another excellent book - I think Stephen King was better in his earlier works. I used to race to buy each new novel, but the last ones don't seem so gripping.
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

It......

......loved that one!

agree with u on his earlier works.......

Comment

Hi, Robyn -

'Til We Have Faces' is a reworking of the Greek myth of Cupid/Psyche, as only Lewis could do it... It is a profound commentary on love, motives of the human heart, evasion of truth/self-deception and, ultimately, how God moves toward us and moves us toward Himself. Powerful. I went on Amazon one day and looked at the reviews of "Faces"--it was nearly endless!! I've never seen such a response to a book online like that. I've had some friends say they couldn't "get it", but I was gripped from the first reading. I don't generally buy books for myself--I check them out of the library. But this one I went and BOUGHT as a keeper after reading the library copy. I'll save the pleasure of it for you and skip giving you any details. :)
                Visit
                authorityresources.com

Comment

Hi Itzelratoncita,

Do you have a nickname....lol

......excellent description , does sound good, I might pick up a copy, it's nice to settle into a book and read, haven't done that in awhile....

thanks

Comment

Yes-- "IR" works for the nickname. hehe
                    My real name is Stephanie, but Steph will suffice for that. ;)
                    Visit
                    authorityresources.com

Comment

.....welcome to vh forum Steph! :)

Comment

Working...
                      X