newbie at webpage construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie at webpage construction

Hi - My ISP gives me 10 MB to construct web-pages. I just downloaded BlueVoda yesterday and am going thru the learning curve. It is very intuitive and seems easy to use, but from time to time, I may have questions to pose to the forum. I hope you will be understanding if my questions seem basic and thank all of you in advance for future assistance.
    BTW, I want to construct my web-page(s) to be "layered" in such a way that clicking on a picture of interest on the home page leads viewers to related pictures on another page and then possibly one layer below that.
    i.e. HOME PAGE with say 4 categories--->links to related subcategory pictures--->links to more detailed pictures of the chosen picture on the second level.
    Cheers!

Re: newbie at webpage construction

Hey Clockmaster welcome to the forums, Lots of people here to help you every step of the way. I was a newbie once and I'm still learning. but it was really easy with help from some of the pro's on here. Good luck in your first build.
    By the way you do know that you will need a hosting account with vodaHost to be able to publish your website to the web if you are using BlueVoda site builder?

you can get it here

www.vodahost.com

Last edited by LadyEye; 06-24-2008, 11:47 PM. Reason: removal of members affiliate id .. not permitted on the VH forum .. ty
    Buy and Sell Antiques, Collectables & fine art
    Cheaper than feebay!
    visit:www.greatbritishantiques.com

Buy Wind spinners online
    They make the perfect gift
    visit:www.spin-city.co.uk

Comment

Hi Maxtech...that just dawned on me as I was trying to "publish" my new homepage to my Cox account! That answers my other question in the General support forum too.
      Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Hello Clockmaster,
        I take it by your name you might be a watchand clock repairman? Or not.
        Yes you can not publish blue voda on any other host, other than Voda. The cost for a site is competitive with all other hosts though. Even if it wasn't the software more than makes up for any host. My parents live in Sun City and have cox net. They are old and get flustered with it some times.
        Any way welcome and have fun.
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Clockmaster and welcome. This forum is for chit chat and you will proably have better luck with your question on linking and displaying images here.

Good luck....
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Welcome clockmaster welcome to the land of voda. Good luck.
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
            X